Hi all

Can anyone tell me what bombs could be carried on the russian MBD2-67U MER?  Was it just FAB 100 and OFAB 100s?  Or could the carry larger RBK250 cluster bombs or FAB 250s? similar on them?

Any help appreciated

Cherrs

Hi guys

Sorry for that.  I'd just forgotten I'd already started that on another thread.  But from memory, I didn't get a definite answer.  I was reading that the Russians carried 4 RBK 250s on the MBD2-67U as the outer casing was only 5mm thick so not so heavy.  So can we put this question to bed once and for all and just tell me if they carried RBK 250 cluster bombs on the MBD2-67U racks or just ZAB 100s, FAB 100s and OFAB 100s?

I'm doing a mig-23 and want to put 4 MBD2-67U racks on her Adam Afghanistan bird.  I will also do a Mig21 as an Afghanistan bird as well but haven't decided if I put on single cluster bombs or MERs.

So sorry guys if you can just give me your answer and I promise I cease this topic!!!!!  I must have had a couple beers when I posted the thread again ha ha

And sorry guys one last thing.  Can anyone tell me what type pylon they mounted the MBD2-67U MER on under the wings on the Mig23 which replaced the R-23 missile pylon.  Was it the same pylon they used to mount the MBD2-67U under the wing on the SU25?

Thanks for any info

Cheers

16 hours ago, Modelkeenfan said:

<...> I was reading that the Russians carried 4 RBK 250s on the MBD2-67U as the outer casing was only 5mm thick so not so heavy.  So can we put this question to bed once and for all and just tell me if they carried RBK 250 cluster bombs on the MBD2-67U racks or just ZAB 100s, FAB 100s and OFAB 100s? <...>

Interesting. Where did you read that? The "250" in RBK-250 should specify the overall weight of that particular bomb.

The MBD-2U-67 is rated for four bombs weighing 100kg each only.

Four RBK-250s on a MBD-2U-67 shouldn't work weight-wise. Don't know if they would even fit in terms of length.

For heavier weapons on the wing glove station of a MiG-23/27, there's the twin store carrier MBD-3-2UT-1, which can accommodate two weapons of 250kg or 500kg each in tandem.

<...>Can anyone tell me what type pylon they mounted the MBD2-67U MER on under the wings on the Mig23 which replaced the R-23 missile pylon.  Was it the same pylon they used to mount the MBD2-67U under the wing on the SU25? <...>

The pylon that replaces the R-23's pylon is called BD-60-23. When a MBD-2U-67 is used, it is attached to that pylon.

On the Su-25, the MBD-2U-67 attaches to the Su-25's wing pylons directly.

<...> So sorry guys if you can just give me your answer and I promise I cease this topic!!!!!  <...>

No problem! :thumbsup: Just thought it was odd as you asked that very question earlier.