Songs that give you goosebumps

Random thought/question of the day. What songs, when you hear them start, give you goosebumps or an emotional response? My top two are:

Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 

Dust in the Wind - Kansas

Honorable mention goes to:

Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics

Forever Young - Rod Stewart

For me, it's "Try a Little Tenderness" combined with the opening credits of Dr. Strangelove.

Seriously, though it's the following in no particular order:

Never My Love - The Association

I'm a Believer - The Monkees

I Walk the Line - Johnnie Cash

Low Rider - War

Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

My Generation - The Who

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Electric Avenue - Eddie Grant

In fact check out "Charles the V - Chill" playlist on Spotify.  Stumbled across it a while ago and tune in from time to time when I travelling long distances or mowing the lawn.

Edited by Dutch
1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics

+1000! Get's me so much more since my father passed away. Great song.

Ray Charles singing Georgia. (heck Ray Charles singing period) and duh! of course singing "America"! THAT is chill worthy singing

And one that only local people would understand. The college from the town I grew up in, McNeese State University marching band plays (or at least used to) "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the end of every football game. Back in the mid to late 80's they had a monster brass section that could blow your socks off. The slow subtle build of that song up into the end where the trumpets are parting your hair...oh man, that's the serious power of music!  Yeah, I'm a band geek. 😀

Edited by niart17

Invisible Sun by The Police.    The video is simply outstanding, especially for a guy like me who (briefly) passed through some of Northern Ireland during the troubles.   

Speaking of videos that give you a reaction - Turning Japanese by Kirsten Dunst is on my list, maybe for different reasons.   

Peter Gabriel's version of Heroes. Command decided to play it at a tribute ceremony for our squadron after 3 guys were killed in an IED blast. Everytime I hear it I either turn it off, cry, or get pissed off. Normally the latter happens if I hear it while I'm running.

Eastbound and Down

That is the song Capt Mobley (USS Saratoga) played right after we caught the last plane and broke away from Unrep'ing, and headed for Desert Shield/Desert Storm at high speed.

I have three

For some reason Metallica's Outlaw torn gives me Goosebumps & a little sad, not sure why

another one is called "under the Milky Way" by the church

The last one is Sister golden hair by America, it just reminds me of an aunt that has now left us

With two other possibilities, being...

…Bare by Anthrax, 

& Angel flying to close to the ground by Willie nelson

This is great question

Thanks

Ash

Granpa Was A Carpenter---John Prine---reminds me of gramps, smoked his pipe, did carpentry

in his cellar, fished, hunted and was a veteran of the Mexican border crisis in 1916, helped

General Blackjack Pershing chase Pancho Villa around the southwest.

Journey To The Center Of The Mind---The Amboy Dukes---a very close relative went to college in 1968, she was very

naive, wanted to fit in with her friends, they helped her OK with uppers, downers, LSD. She is now

almost 70 years old with the mind of an 8 year old, I still think of her when I hear that line--" So If

You Can Please Understand ---You Might Not Comeback"...... very troubling at times! jon

Edited by jonwinn

We Believe- Triumphant Quartet's version

Samuel Barber's Adagio for strings-New Zealand Symphony Orchestra

another vote for Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Rick L.

Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen

Angel by The Corrs

The Launch/Cool The Engines by Boston

Amazing Grace performed by Brother

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Axis Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix

Question & Lovely to see you- Moody Blues (actually just about anything by the Moody Blues)

Crossroads - Cream (Clapton's perfect guitar breaks)

In you eyes - Peter Gabriel

And so many more that I don't remember until I hear them again...

Forgot about this one - I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice.   Written about the father of SFC Jared Monti.  SFC Monti was KIA in Afghanistan and subsequently awarded the Medal Of Honor.   Jared grew up in my town, the High School has a memorial to him in the lobby.   I've met his father, he's a great guy. 

A man in his camoflouge military uniform wearing a scarf around his neck. He is looking at the camera and has his hands in his pockets. Several mountains are visible in the background.