Songs that give you goosebumps

12 hours ago, 11bee said:

Forgot about this one - I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice.   Written about the father of SFC Jared Monti.  SFC Monti was KIA in Afghanistan and subsequently awarded the Medal Of Honor.   Jared grew up in my town, the High School has a memorial to him in the lobby.   I've met his father, he's a great guy. 

A man in his camoflouge military uniform wearing a scarf around his neck. He is looking at the camera and has his hands in his pockets. Several mountains are visible in the background.

Did they recently commemorate a memorial to SFC Monti at the former NAS So. Weymouth?

On 5/1/2020 at 8:59 PM, Spruemeister said:

Samuel Barber's Adagio for strings-New Zealand Symphony Orchestra

Rick L.

Featured in the movie "Jesus of Nazareth", and "Platoon"....great piece of music.

2 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Did they recently commemorate a memorial to SFC Monti at the former NAS So. Weymouth?

No sure.   I’m on some of their social media pages, don’t recall seeing anything.....

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I thought of another one. Since it's May 4th, it's appropriate. The opening title song to Star Wars.

It opened 15,685 days ago, that is, 42 years, 11 months, 9 days.

How time flies. :monkeydance:

I was in college at the time. Yet another "dang, I'm getting old" reference.

Heroes - David Bowie

Wish You Were Here - Pink  Floyd

Let it Be - Beatles

Imagine - John Lennon

Sound of Silence - Either Version

Amazing Grace  played on Bag Pipes

Wild Blue Yonder - I wasn't in the Air Force, but my grandpa was. Some of my best memories of him were at Oshkosh.  It was common for them to play that song as the Warbirds would be taking off.  I remember him be so excited and proud and it gives me chills when I hear it and think of him and going to Oshkosh. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:10 PM, GreyGhost said:

Who Wants To Live Forever by Queen

I agree with this one!

And, the Mannheim Steamroller version of 'Silent NIght'

Tunes of glory and the Campbell's are coming both on the bag pipes. "We'll meet again" and "Land of Hope & Glory" both by Vera Lynn. The opening theme from the 1st Superman movie with Christopher Reeves, and just about anything from John Williams.

Cheers:cheers:

Itch

This goes back a bit

;Christmas song - The Carpenters.  I used to listen to this one over the base radio station on my first tour as I sat on top of a bunker with my M-16 watching a section of river that cut the base in half as well s the hole in the fence that they considered a gate for use by the locals to come to work.  It got worse when she got to the logs on a fire part.

Riders on the storm - The Doors.  Great when driving a A.P.C. or M-706 during monsoon season.

Iron Horse - Christy

Green Fields - Brothers 4

Agree with Neil Diamond's America and I'll add in Neil Sedaka's The Immigrant

IN-A-Godda-Da-Vida (long or short version) Iron Butterfly

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Ballad of Lizzie Borden - Chad Mitchel Trio  also Super Skier or for you navy guys,  Reuben James