Pardon my mis-post attempt above.

I was poking around the internet and found this page...

Anyway, it seems Our Lil Lass was also named Over Exposed at some point in its career.  Would be cool to do a before and after.

0D039AB6-41A3-4780-9B63-FD87EF08EF9B.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Corey said:

Supine Sue, that’s a good one.  I hadn’t seen it before either.   Where are you finding these photos Charlie?

Various image searches and Pinterest! Lots of good aviation pics on Pinterest. I always thought the B-29 was the perfect canvas for nose art. I’ve contemplated at times molding up the monogram B-29 from the front bulkhead forward and casting a dozen copies to do a ton of nose art canvases!

It looks like it would be really easy to put together a B-29 sheet to insult a huge swath of the society - LOL. I shall tread carefully.

You managed to get me to drop some other design work I had to do today and get started with B-29 base drawings today - I will keep working on these on and off, and in a couple of weeks I should be able to start working on a B-29 sheet.

b29work.jpg

Edited by KursadA
21 minutes ago, KursadA said:

It looks like it would be really easy to put together a B-29 sheet to insult a huge swath of the society - LOL. I shall tread carefully.

Oh ya...

22 minutes ago, KursadA said:

You managed to get me to drop some other design work I had to do today and get started with B-29 base drawings today - I will keep working on these on and off, and in a couple of weeks I should be able to start working on a B-29 sheet.

Woohoo! I'm hoping this will be scaled down to 1/144 for that fine Fujimi kit...

BTW, I broke out my Muroc Models 1/144 B-29 Mother Plane Conversion. It includes decals for 521800 as well as X-1 6063 and 6064.

Oh, and here are two of my coffee cups. To keep somewhat on topic, the left is from the National Museum of Nuclear Science & Energy in ABQ.

coffee-cups.jpg

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

b29work.jpg

Richard Rhodes has such an interesting body of work.  I haven’t read that Energy book yet, is it good?

thanks for being responsive to our decal subject requests!

I’m primarily a 1/48 modeler, but to take advantage of many markings options, 1/144 and 1/72 might also be appropriate for B-29 modeling.  I have the Fujimi 1/144 kit and it’s nice, what is the recommended 1/72 kit?  I’m guessing Academy?

The next logical follow on to B-29 sheets are B-50 sheets for the Academy kit.  🙂