Training Remote Restore

Thought this was an appropriate project to pull out today on Star Wars day. I 3D printed and assembled this Jedi training remote a little while back and noticed one of the sphere halves had a small layer separation. I didn't think much of it since it was so small and just filled it in with putty and moved on. Well over time that little crack opened more and became pretty obvious so this past weekend I went about fixing it. Stripped the parts around the crack off and filled it with superglue inside and out. Re-sanded it and painted. I just have to put the 18 wheeler rims back in and she's back in decent shape. Not the best but a pretty decent 1st second attempt at one. Or is that second 1st attempt? Annnyway. I'll post finished pics when I get it all back together. 

remote crack.jpg

Edited by niart17

Thanks, it's right at 6" diameter. This is the small device that you see Luke learning the ways of the force and light saber practice aboard the Falcon. It floats around and shoots low powered laser blast that you have to block. It's referenced again in the newer episodes, I believe first in the Force Awakens when Finn finds it sitting on the game board and there are other versions shown throughout the series. Here is a mostly completed pic of it. There are 2 more of the chrome rims I have to file down to fit in the holes but otherwise completed.

2044534929_JediTrainerComplete.jpg.bf5b6565d253c84dd42eb4345e5be879.jpg

Edited by niart17