1/48 Academy Su-30MK2 Flanker-G, Indonesian Air Force, 2014

Hi all!

Back again with my latest completed project, the 1/48 Academy Su-30MK2 Flanker-G of Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Udara (Indonesian Air Force), circa 2014.  This model was inspired by my wife, Cicila, who is from Indonesia.  This model is now proudly displayed in our living room and she is very happy with it!

Having some issues posting this post in it's entirety, so I will break it up into multiple posts...

750598-16625-62.jpg

750588-16625-15.jpg

750590-16625-28.jpg

750596-16625-48.jpg

750599-16625-99.jpg

750602-16625-86.jpg

750603-16625-25.jpg

750607-16625-37.jpg

750609-16625-29.jpg

750613-16625-84.jpg

750591-16625-23.jpg

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four

Michael wrote:

This model was inspired by my wife, Cicila, who is from Indonesia.  This model is now proudly displayed in our living room and she is very happy with it!

Seems like you have that same Rule at your house, that we have in ours. "If Mamma Ain't

Happy, Nobody's Happy!" Plus, you have a great looking - Indonesian Air Force Su-30MK2

Flanker-G. Something really cool about Russian Flankers, they look so fine. And, you have

done an excellent job with this model.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:54 AM, The Underdog said:

Michael wrote:

This model was inspired by my wife, Cicila, who is from Indonesia.  This model is now proudly displayed in our living room and she is very happy with it!

Seems like you have that same Rule at your house, that we have in ours. "If Mamma Ain't

Happy, Nobody's Happy!" Plus, you have a great looking - Indonesian Air Force Su-30MK2

Flanker-G. Something really cool about Russian Flankers, they look so fine. And, you have

done an excellent job with this model.

Thanks Underdog!   Yep, same rule, although I must admit my wife is pretty cool with my hobby, displaying, and even buying (although I accumulated most of my stash before marriage).  I don't even think of buying stuff at the rate I used to though, which is a good thing actually.  Now I am a bit more choosy with what I buy and aftermarket is limited only to must have corrections or conversions now.

Flankers are my second favorite aircraft, after the Tomcat.  Both are elegant machines with many similarities in appearance.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:53 AM, Captain Mark said:

Such an elegant machine and you've done an outstanding job on it! 👍

I love the colouring on the jet pipes and exhaust, what type of paints did you use to achieve that look Michael?

Thanks Mark!  I used Gunze GX2 Ueno Black for the base, Alclad Airframe Aluminum over that, and then differing amounts of Alclad Jet Exhaust, Burnt Iron, and some Tamiya Clear Blue, Yellow, and Red for the titanium heat stressing color.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:58 AM, speedlimit said:

Nicely done!

Thanks speedlimit!

On 5/10/2020 at 3:55 AM, Thadeus said:

Great looking Flanker. Always a pleasure seeing one built.

Thanks Thadues!  I love building Flankers, I think I have built 6 total so far.  At least one from every manufacturer that makes on in 1/48 with the exception of GWH.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, Bravosierra001 said:

Very nice. I really like the looks of the finish.

Thanks Bravo, I appreciate the kind words!