345 BG Air Apaches

I just finished reading a great book that was suggested on these forums, Warpath Across the Pacific, and thanks to all those brave men that served in that unit.  Anyway I want to try and build an example of a b-25 from each of the squadrons.  I am finding that many of the marking from these units are out of production and available at ridiculous prices.  Looking for a reasonable source for markings.  By the way I have already done a B-25J gun nose from the 498th, so I just need the 499,500,501.  Thanks

Geoff M

3 hours ago, Geoff M said:

I just finished reading a great book that was suggested on these forums, Warpath Across the Pacific, and thanks to all those brave men that served in that unit.  Anyway I want to try and build an example of a b-25 from each of the squadrons.  I am finding that many of the marking from these units are out of production and available at ridiculous prices.  Looking for a reasonable source for markings.  By the way I have already done a B-25J gun nose from the 498th, so I just need the 499,500,501.  Thanks

Geoff M

Another great book about the Air Apaches is "Air Apaches"...by Jay Stout. He also wrote the great book about the 303rd Bomb Group in England.

Pick up a 32nd scale B-25J gun nose strafer...it has Air Apache decals in the box. Great kit too!

On 5/6/2020 at 6:32 AM, Geoff M said:

Geoff M

Definitely an interesting subject. I just finished the HK B-25 and made some masks for the markings. It's from the 405th, so not one of the squadrons you mentioned, but if you are interested I can see about reducing the mask to 1/48th.

kAFLQiv.jpg

Brenhen,

Thanks for the offer but this is not an immediate project, as I have other things on the bench, but I am always thinking of the next thing.  I appreciate the offer but I will continue my search for the 345 squadrons.  Imay have to try making my own masks for some of these.

Thanks again.

Geoff M

17 hours ago, Geoff M said:

very nice build.  Markings are perfect.

Geoff M

Thanks Geoff, and good luck with your projects. Post a bunch of pics!

21 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I'll take that offer!

Send me a DM with your address and I'll see what I can do. I haven't tried it yet, so we'll see how it translates to a smaller scale