Depends on how quickly you need your paint.  My primary source is eBay, and the sellers are almost always in China.  It takes awhile, sometimes quite awhile, to get it, but it always comes!  The advantage I see, in going this route, is that on eBay, you can get colors that you can't find here in the US (at least, I haven't found them here).  Specifically, I'm talking about aircraft and naval colors, C351 through C609, which are available in sets, but I have yet to find a US dealer who has these colors for sale individually.  These colors are necessary to do WWII British and Japanese aircraft.  

Just my $0.02.

My experience is the same as @Curt B ! That's why I have, and will continue, to include animetropolis among my Mr Color sources. Their shipping is relatively good.

18 hours ago, BillS said:

What is a good source of Mr Color in the US? Is this stuff going away? It seems the online shop’s inventories are hit and miss. 

I get my Mr. Color from

Sprue Brothers

Scalehobbyist

spraygunner

Ususally between those three I can find what I need.

I remember reading somewhere that there is only one distributor for Mr. Color paint in the US so there can be shortages of some products from time to time if that distributor runs out. 

1 hour ago, Kurt H. said:

I remember reading somewhere that there is only one distributor for Mr. Color paint in the US so there can be shortages of some products from time to time if that distributor runs out. 

Matt from Hobby-World US confirms that this is true.  He has looked into a different/alternate distributor for Mr. Color, and asked in part because of my question about being able to get the colors I mentioned, the C351 through C609.  He wasn't able to find another distributor to try to address being able to get colors in a more timely fashion. 

Regarding Mr. Color remaining in business, it's my understanding that they have a large customer base in Asia, and one shouldn't worry about their products being available for the long term.  

Unbidden and off topic info is that Mission Model paints are actually a US based company (California/San Diego is what I've heard), and I'm a big fan of buying things actually made in the USA.  In fact, I spent a lot of extra money on my drum kit, by going with a Drum Workshop drum kit.  They are made in Oxnard, California, and they do beautiful work.  Pricey, but worth it, to me.  Paint is kinda like that!  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, dai phan said:

I go on EB and get most of them. There are some colors that I must order from overseas. Dai 

Agree with that.  I think I've mentioned, if not on this thread, then on others here in ArcAir, that many of the paint colors that used to be available only as 'sets', whether they were armor or aircraft sets, are now available as individual paints, but I have yet to find a dealer/distributor in the US of those 'former set colors'.  The only option I know of is to go EBay, and usually from China.  Too bad, but it's a fact.

While they are not in the US (they're in Hong Kong), I've gotten my Mr. Color paints from www.sealmodel.com

They typically have what I'm looking for and the price per bottle is very reasonable (ranging from $1.60 - $1.80 USD).

http://www.sealmodel.com/products.php?category_id=158

They also carry the Mr. Hobby Color (the aqueous line) of paints (ranging from $1.70 - $2.00 USD)

http://www.sealmodel.com/products.php?category_id=157

They used to be able to ship 9 bottles or less by air, but not so sure if that is acceptable any longer. I typically order 15 - 20 bottles at a time.

HTH

2 hours ago, Chuck1945 said:

As of my last order from Sealmodel, late March, they were able to ship a max of about eight 10ml Mr Color bottles by air, order took about 2-2 1/2 weeks

I just took look at Sealcolor, and their prices are nice, but again, like so many other retailers, they don't seem to have the C511-C530 and the C351-C369 and the C391-C393 colors that, at least to me, are important (i.e., WWII armor, WWII aircraft and Soviet colors, respectively).  But they do appear to have many, if not all, the other colors.

If I'm wrong, great...I'd like to buy paint at their prices!

Edited by Curt B
7 hours ago, Curt B said:

I just took look at Sealcolor, and their prices are nice, but again, like so many other retailers, they don't seem to have the C511-C530 and the C351-C369 and the C391-C393 colors that, at least to me, are important (i.e., WWII armor, WWII aircraft and Soviet colors, respectively).  But they do appear to have many, if not all, the other colors.

If I'm wrong, great...I'd like to buy paint at their prices!

They do, but some of them are sold out:

http://www.sealmodel.com/product_details.php?category_id=117&item_id=1204

http://www.sealmodel.com/products.php?category_id=117

Jon