Interesting "new" Hawk version S-70i

Sikorsky is marketing its latest version of their Hawk family, the S-70Ii "International" that it is selling to other countries.  What is intersting to me is that it is a -60M fueslage and still comes with open exhausts.  It looks pretty interesting and would make a really cool model...Floyd...Kitty Hawk, hmm.

14959_1428236851.jpg54225_1563351456.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
3 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

I guess the US doesn't want international customers to have the UES.

Tim

Nah, there are many foreign countries that have the UES installed.   I'm guessing that for non-tactical applications like search and rescue, general utility, etc. there is no need for the UES, which undoubtedly cut into fuel economy and add a bit more maint costs. 

In Poland, where it is produced and offered to our services, we call it Biedahawk - Poorhawk. This is an economical, stripped down, civilian version compared to the UH-60M. Nevertheless, it has already been purchased by the Polish Police and by the Special Aviation Squadron supporting Polish special forces.

Edited by Moses_pl
6 hours ago, Moses_pl said:

In Poland, where it is produced and offered to our services, we call it Biedahawk - Poorhawk. This is an economical, stripped down, civilian version compared to the UH-60M. Nevertheless, it has already been purchased by the Polish Police and by the Special Aviation Squadron supporting Polish special forces.

Makes sense for the police version not to have UES, always thought it was strange to see US law enforcement Hawks with HIRSS but I assume it wasn't possible / cost effective to remove the suppressors and retrofit the old open exhaust. 

Am surprised to hear that the Special Forces variant has open exhausts.  One would think this would be mandatory for military special ops units. 

On 5/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, Tgoetz said:

The USCG MH-60J has those open exhausts also...just saying...Kitty Hawk.  

Yes, but the fuselage, rotors, etc. are completely different.  The open exhaust is about all they share.  Kitty Hawk is supposed to release an SH-60F soon, which is the same basic fuselage  and rotor system as a USCG HH/MH-60J/T.  Keep your fingers crossed they will also do the USCG version.

1200595-12741-15-720.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
  • 4 weeks later...