Canopy Masks For 1/72 F-101B/F Voodoo

I see alot of single seat Voodoo masks, but other than the now closed Canuck Models of Canada, does anyone know of tape masks for the Revell 1/72 F-101B/F Voodoo? I know of 1/48 masks for the Monogram & Kittyhawk F-101B/F kits, but not 1/72.

R/

Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Outside of doing it the old fashioned way, about the only thing I can think of at the moment would be to contact someone like Aztek Dummies and see if they might be willing to expandind  their line to include aircraft.  He does good work on his line of science fiction subjects.  It's worth a shot. You can't be the only one in need of all sorts of masks, I know I could use some various projects.

8 hours ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

The canopy has recessed panel lines on it so just use some Tamiya masking tape and press it down into the recess with a cocktail stick then just run a sharp blade around it,  slowly.

Regards

Robert

Right, I had already thought of that and may have to do as you suggest.  But, I am hoping for pre-cut masks to speed it up a little.

Edited by Dutch
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I am happy to report that vinyl canopy masks now exist for both Matchbox & Revell 1/72 F-101B/F Voodoos thanks to Chris Loney of E-Z Masks in Canada.  I asked, and he was kind enough to knock them out over the past week.  Really terrific service, if you ask me.  I should receive them shortly.  I will post photos when they arrive.  Here are the product links on SCM.  He has not been able to load them to his own website yet, but send him a note and he will respond.  Price is $3.99 USD a set.

#300 Revell F-101B/F Voodoo 1/72

#301 Matchbox F-101B/F Voodoo 1/72

BTW, I just used his vinyl masks on a 1/48 Monogram T-6/SNJ Texan and they work beautifully!  Highly recommended.

R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
Corrected product number
On 5/22/2020 at 3:02 AM, Dutch said:

Well, I am happy to report that vinyl canopy masks now exist for both Matchbox & Revell 1/72 F-101B/F Voodoos thanks to Chris Loney of E-Z Masks in Canada.  I asked, and he was kind enough to knock them out over the past week.  Really terrific service, if you ask me.  I should receive them shortly.  I will post photos when they arrive.  Here are the product links on SCM.  He has not been able to load them to his own website yet, but send him a note and he will respond.  Price is $3.99 USD a set.

#300 Revell F-101B/F Voodoo 1/72

#301 Matchbox F-101B/F Voodoo 1/72

BTW, I just used his vinyl masks on a 1/48 Monogram T-6/SNJ Texan and they work beautifully!  Highly recommended.

R/ Dutch 

Way to go Dutch! I'll have to order some myself as I'm thinking of starting a Revell Voodoo. Thanks, Fred K.

• 5 months later...