AFM wrote:

Hey folks, just rolled out another kit...I love the engineering, but I made a few mistakes. Over all tried for the first time weather chipping medium and rigging for antenna.

AFM,

Dang, don't know if I should be impressed with your skills, or feel sorry for myself for

not being able to model like that. Pretty and Gorgeous are only two superlatives that

would begin to describe, such an effort like that. I'm with Zach and Steve... uncanny

how being humble can throw your audience for a loop. One of the best looking, P-38s

I've seen in quite some time! "I can't recall doing so well with my first attempts."

2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Gorgeous!  I love the “taped effect” around the nose and overall weathering.  More pictures please!

Steve

Sir, appreciate the compliment. I might get a few more pics later on. 

Cheers

AFM

5 minutes ago, The Underdog said:

AFM wrote:

Hey folks, just rolled out another kit...I love the engineering, but I made a few mistakes. Over all tried for the first time weather chipping medium and rigging for antenna.

AFM,

Dang, don't know if I should be impressed with your skills, or feel sorry for myself for

not being able to model like that. Pretty and Gorgeous are only two superlatives that

would begin to describe, such an effort like that. I'm with Zach and Steve... uncanny

how being humble can throw your audience for a loop. One of the best looking, P-38s

I've seen in quite some time! "I can't recall doing so well with my first attempts."

You are far too kind, I tend to watch allto of Youtube. It does really help. Also the inspirations come from fellow modellers here in ARC.

Cheers

AFM

10 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

You are far too kind, I tend to watch allto of Youtube. It does really help. Also the inspirations come from fellow modellers here in ARC.

Cheers

AFM

Great response, thanks for letting me "Off the Hook." Its not my fault, you've got skills!

And, I completely agree with you - lots of great modelers on the ARC and on YouTube.

Please, do share some more photos of this P-38. Kinda reminds me of the old saying,

"Lay's Potato Chips... bet you can't eat just one!"

7 hours ago, The Underdog said:

Great response, thanks for letting me "Off the Hook." Its not my fault, you've got skills!

And, I completely agree with you - lots of great modelers on the ARC and on YouTube.

Please, do share some more photos of this P-38. Kinda reminds me of the old saying,

"Lay's Potato Chips... bet you can't eat just one!"

LOL, but it does keep you coming back tho doesn't it?

Cheers

AFM

5 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

LOL, but it does keep you coming back tho doesn't it?

Cheers

AFM

AFM,

Indeed it does, but I'm a sucker for punishment. Thanks for the additional photos, and

the sense of humor... it does become us!

LOL

47 minutes ago, The Underdog said:

AFM,

Indeed it does, but I'm a sucker for punishment. Thanks for the additional photos, and

the sense of humor... it does become us!

LOL

LOL, always. Thanks for looking...but don't stare too long. It just gets uncomfortable and awkward.

Cheers

AFM

I’m glad you posted another pic!  For your consideration, per an email I received from Tamiya Inc today:

SHARE YOUR HOME HOBBY CONTEST - STATIC MODEL EDITION

Share Your Home Hobby Contest - Static Model Edition

We know we have a lot of excellent modelers using our products, so now is the time to show us what you got! Your picture entry could be chosen to win an amazing prize from Tamiya!

To enter, you must use one of the following model kits that can be built in any form - box stock or wildly custom:

1/12 Bike
#14134 Tamiya Honda Monkey 125

1/24 Car
#24346 Tamiya Ford GT
#24351 Toyota GR Supra

1/35 Military
#35365 Tamiya U.S. Airborne Tank M551 Sheridan
#35366 Tamiya British M10 IIC Achilles
#35367 Tamiya German Heavy SP Howitzer Hummel

1/48 Military
#32596 Tamiya JGSDF Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle
#32597 Tamiya German Tank Panther AUSF.D

1/48 Plane
#61120 Tamiya Lockheed P-38 F/G Lightning

Additional Guidelines:
• Only one picture can be entered per person 

Entry Period:
May 12 to August 31, 2020

Judging:
- All picture entries will be posted on our site.
- From all the posted pictures, we will choose the best two and send them to Tamiya, Inc.
- Tamiya, Inc. will also post them to the official Tamiya homepage and choose the best picture from those submitted all over the world. 

To Enter:
Please provide the following information below via e-mail (Marketing@Tamiya.com) when submitting your entry (ommission of any field will render your entry ineligible):
• Your full name
• E-mail address
• Country of residence
• Occupation
• How long have you been driving?
• Your Picture
• Brief comment about your picture

How to Submit Your Video:
Attach a .jpeg image of your car to the same marketing@tamiya.com email as listed above along with the information requested.