Metal Exhausts For Hasegawa P-40E

I am just getting back into the hobby and found a Hasegawa  1/48 P-40E while cleaning out my basement. Are there any aftermarket cast metal exhaust stacks for this kit? I did a Google search and could not find anything. About ten years ago, there was a Russian company that produced excellent am parts for 1/48 WWII planes, I built a few kits utilizing them. Please respond here or by PM.

22 hours ago, Geoff M said:

Moskit?

Geoff M

I thought Moskit was no more? Somehow I remember someone else doing metal exhausts.

Also, to be honest I think the resin versions seem to be pretty good. Felinoid did you have a look at Scalemates? You can do a search there and see what pops.

www.scalemates.com

I searched for Moskit and found some places (google) that evidently have some stock but no P-40 stuff.  Maybe some other aircraft would have similar exhaust you could use, a P-39 maybe.  Like Skyhawk says there is always resin too.

Geoff M

I'm selling a set of updates on E-bay for the Hasegawa P-40E.  It's a resin cockpit, Moskit exhausts, and Yahu instrument panel.  Search for '1/48 P-40E updates'.

Edited by arg

Moskit went out of business years ago. The current source for metal exhausts is called REXx. I checked for a 1/48 P-40E set at my usual supplier (ModelsUA) but he didn't have them. I suggest you Google REXx, or consider the resin suggestion - the resin ones I've had are very realistic and more detailed than metal ones, even in 1/72. Try Quickboost at any on-line shop that sells the brand:

http://www.quickboost.net/Obrazky/48041.jpg

John