this is a rlly dumb question
couple projects I put plenty hrs into but messed up pretty badly (& learned from the errors)

would rather move on than force myself to continue them

should I feel bad trashing them? Seems kinda wasteful I guess

Edited by boxsoul

I wouldn't feel bad about moving on.  I've done that a few times, and just thrown the whole project in the trash.

Other times, with things that were maybe mostly finished, I've saved them to be test beds for trying new painting and weathering techniques.

Edited by mlicari

Yes, but as Spur Harrison says to young Jim in the movie "The Man From Snowy River," "Don't throw effort after foolishness, you duffer." I just tossed a 1/72 Hasegawa F-105D Thunderchief hoping to make a nice duraluminum and olive drab early Vietnam bird. I had the kit 90% complete and primed,  just waiting on canopy masks so I could apply the paint. The kit fought me the whole way.  The fuselage had such a bad twist, wings one way, tail the other that there was no way I was going to be able to get it to sit straight on its landing gear, so I tossed it. I have plenty more to finish building before I even think of starting a new one.  Besides, as a older modeling mentor once told me, to build a good kit, start with a good kit. So I don't feel guilty if a few kits end up in the bin. 

Move on. K/r, Dutch 

PS [I did locate a Revell 1/72 F-105D, so the mask won't go to waste.]

Edited by Dutch

wow, didnt think this had any replies

did not get any notifications, must be settings

thanks for the insights. I trashed the scrap earlier. Did not think to try giving away for free that probably would've been a better idea actually; will keep in mind if it happens again (hopefully not!)

one of them was a bf 109 i had primed but accidentally installed a section before the landing gear, but then realized landing gear cant go in afterwards lol. that and messed up some other areas. This one was more of a testpiece anyway really, but was hoping to complete. Ended up keeping the body as a spare to try new paint methods on 

Edited by boxsoul
18 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yes, but as Spur Harrison says to young Jim in the movie "The Man From Snowy River," "Don't throw effort after foolishness, you duffer." I just tossed a 1/72 Hasegawa F-105D Thunderchief hoping to make a nice duraluminum and olive drab early Vietnam bird. I had the kit 90% complete and primed,  just waiting on canopy masks so I could apply the paint. The kit fought me the whole way.  The fuselage had such a bad twist, wings one way, tail the other that there was no way I was going to be able to get it to sit straight on its landing gear, so I tossed it. I have plenty more to finish building before I even think of starting a new one.  Besides, as a older modeling mentor once told me, to build a good kit, start with a good kit. So I don't feel guilty if a few kits end up in the bin. 

Move on. K/r, Dutch 

PS [I did locate a Revell 1/72 F-105D, so the mask won't go to waste.]

damn thats rough! Hope the new one works out