• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr.Uprise.decals

I've been told you are in charge of creating the decals for the Scaleworx resin conversion kit for AMK Kfir into Ecuadorian Atlas Cheetah!

I have that set on order, please hurry up as my fingers are itching to cut into the plastic already 😄

(just joking of course, I am busy building other stuff, but keep up the good work) 👍

3 hours ago, drake122 said:

Dear Mr.Uprise.decals

I've been told you are in charge of creating the decals for the Scaleworx resin conversion kit for AMK Kfir into Ecuadorian Atlas Cheetah!

I have that set on order, please hurry up as my fingers are itching to cut into the plastic already 😄

(just joking of course, I am busy building other stuff, but keep up the good work) 👍

5.jpeg

7.jpg

29 minutes ago, uprise.decals said:

5.jpeg

7.jpg

Ah, very nice!

Spotted a few inaccuracies, but these are all design issues and not print-related. Given the obscure nature of this particular aircraft, and especially the FAE schemes, I am just glad there is decals available for it at all! Can't wait to build it.

• 4 months later...

Your High Vis VF-84 Jolly Rogers set for the F-14A looks fantastic. Thank you for including some extra modex's and BuNo's! I'm gearing up to do a pair of Tomcats in 1/72 in "The Final Countdown" movie schemes for AJ202 & AJ203 and I haven't found any sets that include them, or even an extra 2 or 3 that I can perform surgery on to get the modex right without having to buy a whole extra sheet just for one number. I'm not too worried about the BuNo since they had at least two of each plane painted up for the movie, but the modex is critical. Now I just need to find a couple of appropriately sized Japanese flag "kill" markers for 203.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

The48ers.com has a small inventory of that brand.

Rick L.

Thanks,  I just checked their stock and they don't have the one I'll after.  I did find a site in Serbia that has it (at twice the cost) so I may have to go that route.

3 minutes ago, fasteagle12 said:

Thanks,  I just checked their stock and they don't have the one I'll after.  I did find a site in Serbia that has it (at twice the cost) so I may have to go that route.

You just write Dmitry,he's a nice guy(and against the war)

He'll tell you what are the possibilities

On 7/11/2023 at 3:26 PM, CorsairAU1 said:

I see lots of nice looking pictures of decals, and a lot of platitudes, but has anyone actually used these decals, and with what results?

John

I used UpRise Decal sheet UR72103 (VFC-111 markings) on the F-20 in the pic below;

20221020_204257-1980x1115.jpg

The decals are slightly thick but laid down with no issues and reacted well to Micro-Sol. I would recommend you have a good coat of future so the decals will have a nice smooth surface, the rising sun on the fin is painted using a stencil provided with the decal sheet. I just ordered another set of the VFC-111 markings for another what-if, this time an X-29 with swept back wings.

For those wonder, that is the Hasegawa 1/72 scale F-20 painted with Model Master and Testers enamel paint, decals are UpRise and the CATM-9X and TACTS Pod are from a Hasegawa weapon set. The TBF-1 is a backdated Hasegawa TBM-3 done up in VT-8 Midway markings (8-T-1) and the Puma is from Italeri, all are 1/72 scale.