Please recommend a quality 1/48 late F4 Phantom for low vis scheme

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread too much but it reminded me of a question I've asked a few times and haven't been able to find anything. I've been interested in doing an F-4EJ that I saw photos of long ago (89-early 90's Koko Fan book) that was a 302 Sq plane with their colorful bird tail and it had 2 wide blue bands around the waist area of the fuse, right before and after that red exhaust warning stripe. The only pic I can find of a plane with similar blue band is on this site https://nara.getarchive.net/media/a-japanese-air-self-defense-force-jasdf-304th-tactical-fighter-squadron-304th-0ef03c but that is a different sq. It says this 304 plane was taking part of a joint training operation called Cope North. Does anyone have any idea what the 302 plane I saw would have been? And if those bands are specific to that operation, or similar operations? I don't know why I just found the plane with that colorful bird and those 2 stripes really interesting looking and would love to some day do one. Ok, carry on and sorry if this is too off topic.

Bill

2 hours ago, ulvdemon said:

Just re-read the title and saw you were looking for a 48 scale Phantom.  Worse comes to worse, you can look into the 32 Scale Phantom from Revell.

That is the scale that I settle on. 1/32 is just too big and 1/72 is just too small. Someone choose 1/144 and they must have the microscope eyes! Dai 

13 hours ago, niart17 said:

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread too much but it reminded me of a question I've asked a few times and haven't been able to find anything. I've been interested in doing an F-4EJ that I saw photos of long ago (89-early 90's Koko Fan book) that was a 302 Sq plane with their colorful bird tail and it had 2 wide blue bands around the waist area of the fuse, right before and after that red exhaust warning stripe. The only pic I can find of a plane with similar blue band is on this site https://nara.getarchive.net/media/a-japanese-air-self-defense-force-jasdf-304th-tactical-fighter-squadron-304th-0ef03c but that is a different sq. It says this 304 plane was taking part of a joint training operation called Cope North. Does anyone have any idea what the 302 plane I saw would have been? And if those bands are specific to that operation, or similar operations? I don't know why I just found the plane with that colorful bird and those 2 stripes really interesting looking and would love to some day do one. Ok, carry on and sorry if this is too off topic.

Bill

The "Defenders of Nippon" book has one listed with blue bands as you describe. Aircraft number 47-8330, an F-4EJ of 305 Hikotai in 1979. States it also had blue outer wing panels. Camo was 16440 over 17875. Blue bands approx. FS 25056. But, I realize that's not the Hikotai you sited.

They also list aF-4EJ of the 302 Hitokai in 1993 same camo, but a pale blue fuselage band approx.35080. Also noted is that it had an f-15 style center line tank. The pic shows the band as a single wide band that straddles the warning stripe. airframe #67-8386.