Help, why am I only allowed to upload 102.4kb attachements?

Hi all,

I'd like to contribute to a thread, and ask a question, but I can't seem to upload any of my images larger than 102.4kb, why so small of attachements?  Am I missing something here, I see threads with lots of pictures.

Thanks.

I put in the link to my images on Google Drive, but they show up as links that I have to click on to see, how do I have them just appear as part of my post?

They show up like this;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fvyc4V8no3vSig62Hcbh-empfHDzASor

When I use the "Insert other media" button > Insert Image from URL - when I paste the URL in the box, it goes red when I press insert into post and nothing happens.  Does it not look Google Drive?

Edited by wm_cheng

Your link has to have a recognized image file extension ( .jgp  .gif  .bmp. Etc. ) to show up. 

I use imgur and they provide a direct link to the image you can copy and paste into your post here. 

1 hour ago, wm_cheng said:

I put in the link to my images on Google Drive, but they show up as links that I have to click on to see, how do I have them just appear as part of my post?

They show up like this;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fvyc4V8no3vSig62Hcbh-empfHDzASor

When I use the "Insert other media" button > Insert Image from URL - when I paste the URL in the box, it goes red when I press insert into post and nothing happens.  Does it not look Google Drive?

I've been having the exact same problem for the last three weeks.  I've been part of this forum for ages, and have my images stored on Image Shack after dumping Photo Bucket because of known issues with them, but this issue is a head-scratcher. 

I'll try to post something that I posted without difficulty back in February:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/obZxvq.jpg

See, no image, just the link.

I get the red box with "insert other media" option also.

I use the Insert other media button and selected "Insert image from URL". I entered the URL you used above and it works as in the image below (well, at least I see it). I don't know why it didn't work for you.

obZxvq.jpg

I have found that for some image URLs (like the ones I get from Flickr), I can just paste them into the text and the image will display. Obviously, that doesn't work in all circumstances. I don't know the reasons why.

Edited by Mstor

obZxvq.jpg

I just copied and pasted your link and the image shows up. I also get the following message:

image.jpeg.be9cb3c119ae9e3bddfbc518df943ce0.jpeg

Do you get this message?  Maybe there’s a setting that controls embedding image links?  Dunno....

7 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I just copied and pasted your link and the image shows up.

I just tried it and it worked for me too. I always get that message when pasting an image link. I just click on the "X" as I obviously want to display the image.

Thanks for the effort, guys.  I'm still not seeing the image, but I am seeing the text message.  That's leading me to believe that its a software issue with my Mac or Firefox.  I'm been having small issues since I had to upgraded to Mojave.  I'm going to log out and log back in using Safari instead of Firefox to see if that makes a difference.

This is absolutely bonkers...  I can't log on with the account I've had since 2003, so I just created this one.  Something is up, and I'm ready to see just how far this iMac can travel when thrown off an 8th floor balcony...

Yes, the links Google Drive or Google Photos gives me doesn't end in the filename with an Image Extension like JPG.  I don't know how to get google to get me an URL that ends in that kind of extension.  Can someone let me know?  Otherwise I'll take a look at imgur.

Sorry, finally figured a way, I installed an extension via Chrome browser called "Google Photos Direct Link" and it makes a proper link ending in JPG that this site can figure out as an image.  Only works in Chrome and with images saved to Google Photos (not Google Drive).

Hope this helps others.

3 hours ago, IshyIsh said:

Trying with Safari:

I see the image.

BTW, I use Firefox, but under Windows 10. Really shouldn't make that much difference as its the same code in most places.

Edited by Mstor