WTB 1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18F Canopy & decals or kit#00853 entirely...

Hi all,

I cracked my canopy at the end of my build

and was hoping I can either buy just the canopy and decals for the canopy parts from someone's stash of parts or buy an entire kit for these parts;

HASEGAWA 1/72 F/A-18F Super Hornet “VFA-103 Jolly Rogers” (00853)

I realize the kit is discontinued, my other resort is to buy a current Hasegawa F/A-18F kit for the canopy and try to buy a sheet of aftermarket decals with the proper pilots names in white for the canopy rails.  I realize this is a long shot, but I had to try.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ACtC-3chC-FQ1HSvQVKGb7KWCmBJQbGOEKaytVQJ

If you don't have any luck Try Lightspeed Global for the parts. My friend needed the nose sprue for a kit and they were able to get it for him in about 2 weeks. That time will be a LOT longer now as his dealings were pre-virus.  Below are instructions direct from their website. Like you said If its discontinued just use a current kits info to obtain the parts.

• Can I order replacement parts?
    We cannot make any guarantees about replacement parts, however we will try to source them. Please email info@lightspeedglobal.ca and indicate the following:
    1. Brand
    2. Model / Model Number
    3. Part
    4. Your contact information, including name, phone number and shipping address
  • Note: The average cost for a replacement part, including shipping and handling, will be $15 within North America. Exact charges will be determined once we have the part and your shipping address.

Thanks, I already have emailed lightspeedglobal.ca asking for the part.  Its the long weekend here and I'm not even sure if they are operating during this pandemic, but I am waiting with baited breath! 

Thanks for the suggestion.