Me 110 E Loadout options

Hello everyone,

I decided to build the Eduard 1/72 Me 110 E as my first kit, and there are many loadout options between the tanks, the bombs and the rockets.

I already installed the central rack and the wing mounted bomb racks for the 50 kg and I wanted to know if i also "can" install the big or small fuel tanks or not, under the wings.

If you guys have archive pictures from these loadouts, it would be great.

Thanks in advance for the answers,

Regards

The drop tank fixtures are separate from the wing bomb racks. I've seen pictures of both fitted at once.

Here is the other question, what unit/theater is your 110E from? You typically only see the tanks used by ZG 26 in Italy and Africa.

Messerschmitt_Bf_110_3U-FR_ZG26_Afrika.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand
added image
10 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

The drop tank fixtures are separate from the wing bomb racks. I've seen pictures of both fitted at once.

Here is the other question, what unit/theater is your 110E from? You typically only see the tanks used by ZG 26 in Italy and Africa.

Messerschmitt_Bf_110_3U-FR_ZG26_Afrika.jpg

Hi Cool Hand, very nice picture.

Sadly, my plane is from Russia, so i do not know if I can do this, or I change the decoration of my plane.

More precisely, it is the S9+NN. I saw a picture on the net where this plane have another camo, however, It is in black and white and I do not know how to understand the colors and patterns.

Edited by MigMadMarine
Information Added

Ok, so your plane is from Skg. 210 and later ZG 1 in 1943. I don't recall ever seeing any photos of drop tanks used by that unit while in Russia. 

Herbert Kutscha's plane has been photographed with and without a splotched whitewash for winter camouflage.  The standard camouflage colors are RLM 74,75,and 76 with the white over the top. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:42 AM, Cool Hand said:

Ok, so your plane is from Skg. 210 and later ZG 1 in 1943. I don't recall ever seeing any photos of drop tanks used by that unit while in Russia. 

Herbert Kutscha's plane has been photographed with and without a splotched whitewash for winter camouflage.  The standard camouflage colors are RLM 74,75,and 76 with the white over the top. 

Oh really ? So it's the classical splinter camo under the white wash ?