Zvezda 1/72 C-130H announced

2 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

The shape of the Italeri J model engine is off, as with the E/H engines they are too short and stubby.

49957140533_01e5c60f43_c.jpg

Thanks.  my 130's are 3-4 models away from start, looks like I'll need a lot of after market parts.  Ebay here I come!

13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I wonder if they will also release a C-130J version.

As it is I am happy to see a new tool C-130H, and it coming from Zvezda I feel it will be rather nice.

The initial comments from Zvezda on their FB page was that only one version would be released. We will have to see it they change their minds.

2 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

The initial comments from Zvezda on their FB page was that only one version would be released. We will have to see it they change their minds.

They’re making a completely new C-130 mold and just going to make one version from it?  That seems extremely wasteful. 

With Zvezda I dont know.
They might decide to go with just a C-130H if they can get enough of a return out of it and move on to the next project.

I know a lot of people were thrown by what they do, I mean how many swore blind they were making a C-130J...

So glad they didnt do the J.

The sky is the limit with E/H renditions from Ski equipped air guard kits to gunships.

Cant believe its taken so long to get a new tool Herk if Kinetic had done this instead of a unwieldy hugely expensive C17 that nobody can build due space they would of been up to the 5th C130 boxing by now and counting their cash.

Great work Zvezda.

Kenetic plan a C-17.

3 hours ago, dehowie said:

The sky is the limit with E/H renditions from Ski equipped air guard kits to gunships.

Cant believe its taken so long to get a new tool Herk if Kinetic had done this instead of a unwieldy hugely expensive C17 that nobody can build due space they would of been up to the 5th C130 boxing by now and counting their cash.

Great work Zvezda.

Yes thats why Ive been waiting all this time, I built an Airfix AC-130H years ago followed by a couple of the Italeri kits of verious types and always ended up slightly disapointed by the kits over all.
I have high hopes for Zvezda on this one, I have so many decals... The white Blue Angels C-130, an L Ski 130, a few MC-130s and EC-130E & H. Just need a decent kit for them all

I think I saw it got placed on “indefinite hold”. I saw this shortly after the Trumpeter 1/32 B-24 was released with a statement saying they felt the large scale market was saturated at the time and modelers didn’t have the cash for such a large kit after buying all these other big kits. 

3 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Didn't Kinetic announce on their FB page they had cancelled the C-17 project 

I saw something to that effect on a FB thread for another subject. The C-17 is not economically viable so it is not going to happen.

11 hours ago, dehowie said:

Great work Zvezda.

for some odd reason, the C130h has been an all-time favorite with Special Forces. Some were modified for various tasks as well. Most folks think of it as either a cargo hauler or a gun ship, but that's not the truth.

gary

3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

for some odd reason, the C130h has been an all-time favorite with Special Forces. Some were modified for various tasks as well. Most folks think of it as either a cargo hauler or a gun ship, but that's not the truth.

gary

The J model has replaced the E/H/P/N models. 

I think COMPASS CALL and the LC-130, are the only non-J specialty 130's left. 

17 hours ago, Da SWO said:

The MC-130H is still in service, as is the AC-130W.

Edited by Koen L
On 6/3/2020 at 4:24 AM, Da SWO said:

Maybe in the US, but there are many other countries still flying the C-130H.. :)

On 6/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

So back onto the C-130H then.

Do you guys think that all the conversions and updates designed for the Italeri kit will be compatible with the Zvezda kit?
I mean things like the Flightpath conversions to make an LC-130 or MC-130P

I expect if not a drop in replacement that you could adjust the fit. You are adding replacement noses or larger antenna fairings with these conversions so I think they will work fine.

11 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I expect if not a drop in replacement that you could adjust the fit. You are adding replacement noses or larger antenna fairings with these conversions so I think they will work fine.

Yeah... I mean with enough cutting and filling you can get any thing to fit on anything.
I mean I could get a Tornado GR1 nose cone onto the front of a C-130 if I wanted to.

What I really mean is do you think the size and shape of the new kit will allow a nice relatively painless fit of the parts designed to fit the Italeri kit.

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Certain conversions wont matter what version of the plane they go one, the C-Scale EC-130E and H conversion for instance, but do you think the Flightpath nose will match up? on the MC-130H

The only way to absolutely know is to get the Zvezda kit on release and try it.

I know that the Esci/AMT C-130 has a different width/profile nose to that of the Italeri kit that most conversion sets of that kind were created for.

6 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Thats exactly what made me think.
A few years ago I tried to fit a roman nose radome to a ESCI C-130 to convert it into an early model but the nose wouldnt fit, the profile of the body of the model was different. 

Esci/AMT on the left, Italeri on the right

49659501198_ca54b1baf4_b.jpg

• 2 months later...