Zvezda 1/72 C-130H announced

Can the Hercules cognoscenti tell whether this breakdown will facilitate other versions in the future?

- engine nacelles and props on separate sprues could hint at other props.

- flight deck on one sprue, cargo hold on a different one - flight deck common to other versions, with new sprues for cargo hold for different lengths of fuselages?

- inserts on the fuselage for different door/window arrangements.

- three noses.

- looks like there are two versions of sponson front ends.

You would have to re-scribe the forward Cargo door present on C-130A, B and 61 year C-130Es. The C-130A also needs engines set further into the wings plus the extra forward fuselage window aft of the crew door. (four instead of three windows)  55 year birds and earlier had three upper windows on each side plus one above the cockpit. The cockpit is very different and the cockpit ladder is slightly twisted plus lots of exposed black box areas. The nose radome on the A models lacked the curved strip where the upper part of the radome joined the fuselage.  If Zvezda wants to do an AC-130A there is much to be done before adding gunship parts. The biggest problem would be the engines, the three blade props and the cockpit. 

Otherwise it seems good for a C-130 B, E, RAF K, H, and super H.

Wish they had made the flaps molded separately as they were often extended when parked when I was in the USAF in the 70s, early 80s. 

Grant

45 minutes ago, gmat said:

You would have to re-scribe the forward Cargo door present on C-130A, B and 61 year C-130Es. The C-130A also needs engines set further into the wings plus the extra forward fuselage window aft of the crew door. (four instead of three windows)  55 year birds and earlier had three upper windows on each side plus one above the cockpit. The cockpit is very different and the cockpit ladder is slightly twisted plus lots of exposed black box areas. The nose radome on the A models lacked the curved strip where the upper part of the radome joined the fuselage.  If Zvezda wants to do an AC-130A there is much to be done before adding gunship parts. The biggest problem would be the engines, the three blade props and the cockpit. 

Wish they had made the flaps molded separately as they were often extended when parked when I was in the USAF in the 70s, early 80s. 

Grant

Odd, in the CAF/RCAF prior to shut-down we ensured the flaps are up. I thought it was a standard check-list. Unless we had split flaps or maintenance was due flaps were up.

13 hours ago, gmat said:

Grant

You could make an A model with 4 blade props as they were upgraded later in life (919SOW).

9 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

You could make an A model with 4 blade props as they were upgraded later in life (919SOW).

I saw an A model in the 90s with three props, it visited our Herc base and only had 2,500 hours on it. We were told the unit was preserving it. I always had my camera at work and of course that day I didn’t. The interior was fairly different too, especially at 245 bulkhead, it didn’t have it!

Edited by Scooby
On 9/2/2020 at 7:47 AM, Da SWO said:

The 4 blade Hamilton Standard 54H60 props on the A models were the only change to the power package. The A's still had the early QECU's with different cooling vents and the clamshell doors, exhaust and breadpans were particular to the A version.

The only A model I worked on was S/N 3004 on a DLIR. Amazing how many structural, mechanical and electrical/avionic differences there are on the A compared to the B and subsequent models.

Cheers,

John

4 minutes ago, CF104 said:

The 4 blade Hamilton Standard 54H60 props on the A models were the only change to the power package. The A's still had the early QECU's with different cooling vents and the clamshell doors, exhaust and breadpans were particular to the A version.

The only A model I worked on was S/N 3004 on a DLIR. Amazing how many structural, mechanical and electrical/avionic differences there are on the A compared to the B and subsequent models.

Cheers,

John

Yup, only two 40 KVA generators and the bus system was therefore totally different from the four AC gen system.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Release is some time in November, I cant remember the date.

Do you guys think we will be able to use the Flightpath conversions on this?
Would this need their long engines?

No, this kit will have the correct length engines.

Edited by Scooby
13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

So the kit would be right to build an MC-130E/H/P ? How about the L ski 130? or an HC-130?

As far as giving the correct basic airframe (fuselage, wing, engines, sponsons) for the variants - not inclusive of specialized gear (revised nose radome, Fulton recovery gear, dorsal radome, etc), yes to all of the above with exception of the HC-130J (which is based on the C-130J variant).  Basically, from what can be seen in the sprue shots (and notwithstanding what I'd consider minor differences) the kit gives what you would need for the B through late-model H as "vanilla" transports.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:31 AM, Scooby said:

Yup, only two 40 KVA generators and the bus system was therefore totally different from the four AC gen system.

No only that but each engine has a 400-ampere DC generator as well. Totally different Bus architecture. 

Cheers,

John

• 4 weeks later...