Hi all,

after having finished my 1/48 Prowler VAQ-141, I will now start with this Aardvark in Libya Raider livery.

this kit will be updated with Verlinden F-111F modification set, Microscale Decals and some more updates like new exhausts.

pics to follow soon of the first start.

D6EFC9AC-2D3F-4B52-9B73-6B58A4CB9BA8.jpeg

8A4ACECC-05B9-4A43-804C-477514A884C3.jpeg

E3AD1B04-C3BA-4D58-BCFF-1226B3783A25.jpeg

Hi bud 🙂 just one quick for inspiration... I can't miss the chance to share this video of Mitko:

This brings me so much memories 🙂 Hope you like it. Have a nice build! This should make for a very nice model and the landing gear is reaaaaly overwhelming... unique and interesting.

8 hours ago, my favs are F`s said:

Hi bud 🙂 just one quick for inspiration... I can't miss the chance to share this video of Mitko:

This brings me so much memories 🙂 Hope you like it. Have a nice build! This should make for a very nice model and the landing gear is reaaaaly overwhelming... unique and interesting.

That’s great, thanks!

Can't wait to see this finished. I grew up just down the road from Lakenheath and they were the planes of my childhood flying over in the 70s & 80s. I remember the roar in the middle of the night when they went on that raid!

I live in the east of Holland close to the German border, and quite frequently a pair of Varks passed from south to the north of Holland on patrol, and returned to the UK via the North Sea.

Impressive machines which can show their teeth.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Glad to see you back at it. I have many of the same updates and someday will head back to the bench to work on it. Back in the 1994-96 days, I actually completed the same project with the same updates. Unfortunately, I used Xtracolor paints which spray on gloss and need extensive drying time. Although I did a beautiful job spraying the pattern, I was victim of lack of patience and tried to use a lamp and bulb to heat the paint "gently". So much for that idea...the heat warped one of the intakes beyond repair. Alas.....it found the trash bin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...