1 hour ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Excellent, man she looks really good !!

I'm looking forward to getting started on mine.

Steve

Thanks! Took some efforts to get her in shape, but the basis looks great so far.

After some reference checking, I discovered that the black line from the bottom to the camouflage is soft, not sharp as I’ve airbrushed.

So: here we go again with lifted masks, trying to correct it to a soft line

8A1D269E-91C4-4D50-9B0D-297F496BCC64.jpeg

4 hours ago, BastianD said:

Anyone who can tell me which colour these opening have on the top fuselage of Aardvarks?

C301AFC8-6F6F-4617-BE98-B10AFDF76230.jpeg

If your referring to the grills, I would say stainless steel. I need to know as well for my build when the time comes.

Steve

On 5/25/2021 at 3:45 PM, BastianD said:

Exactly, those grills

The boundary layer bleed air ducts were usually painted the same camouflage colour as the rest of the fuselage, I would also run a wash into them to represent the louvre openings

Pappy

2 hours ago, Pappy121 said:

The boundary layer bleed air ducts were usually painted the same camouflage colour as the rest of the fuselage, I would also run a wash into them to represent the louvre openings

Pappy

Thanks Pappy

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, BastianD said:

Sorry guys did not sharing new updates on this build. Just enjoying some nice summer evenings here in The Netherlands, but an update will follow soon (camo ready).

Wut?! Enjoying outdoorsy activities when you should be putting styrene together? Blasphemer!

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, BastianD said:

Hi all, with some nice time off for end of year, I will progress with my work on the Vark.

more to come soon!

Good to hear.

I'm looking forward to the RES/KIT cockpit upgrade so I can start mine.

Steve

G'day Bastian,

Lovely work, she is really coming together now.

One observation though, I thought that the underwing pylons were painted in the dark green (FS 34079) but yours are in black. Same goes for the launcher. Did the USAF paint them in both colours? In the Lock-On book mpost of the pics show them as vreen but in a few pics they look like they could be black but the pics are taken in deep shadow. Looking forward to the finished article,

Pappy

16 hours ago, Pappy121 said:

G'day Bastian,

Lovely work, she is really coming together now.

One observation though, I thought that the underwing pylons were painted in the dark green (FS 34079) but yours are in black. Same goes for the launcher. Did the USAF paint them in both colours? In the Lock-On book mpost of the pics show them as vreen but in a few pics they look like they could be black but the pics are taken in deep shadow. Looking forward to the finished article,

Pappy

Hi there, thanks! It’s nice when this old Vark gets to life.

well noted, I’ll do some research on photos then. On the hasegawa painting guide they were black I believe, but will check and find the right colour.