7 hours ago, BastianD said:

And here they're green 🤣

1A29512B-FE12-401D-B3B1-8CB7D2BC3127.jpeg

Well, I entered 'Lakenheath F-111' into my browser to do an image search and I still think the pylons should be green. Although the models you have presented are very nice, I prefer to look at pics of the real thing. In the images with the pylons in good light they appear green. In several images the noses of the pylons are in good light and appear as green while the rest is in deep shadow.

It may be possible that there were some pylons painted black(hence the question) but it appears that the standard practice was to paint them green. If you want to leave tham black, that is cool, it is your build after all and you have the floor,

cheers,

Pappy

13 hours ago, Pappy121 said:

Well, I entered 'Lakenheath F-111' into my browser to do an image search and I still think the pylons should be green. Although the models you have presented are very nice, I prefer to look at pics of the real thing. In the images with the pylons in good light they appear green. In several images the noses of the pylons are in good light and appear as green while the rest is in deep shadow.

It may be possible that there were some pylons painted black(hence the question) but it appears that the standard practice was to paint them green. If you want to leave tham black, that is cool, it is your build after all and you have the floor,

cheers,

Pappy

Thanks for advising, will do some deep dive for the right colour of this specific Vark

On 12/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, Pappy121 said:

cheers,

Pappy

Did some research too and you’re right, thanks for seeing it!

CB013332-3580-4D6B-9051-E80767DFCB0B.jpeg

On 12/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, Pappy121 said:

cheers,

Pappy

Got the Vark from the attic, and look what colour the pylons are; green! 😃

8A95EF1F-CC04-4E98-8F54-72BC7A8B37FB.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks, just looking at the 2 greens being close to each other in saturation but that most likely is the lighting. 

G'day Matt,

My impression is that the two greens are pretty close in colour  in reality as well and itcan be hard to differentiate in certain light conditions.

Looking great Bastiano

Pappy

Edited by Pappy121

I wanted to start the decaling but upon checking the Microscale decals I found out that a lot was missing. (Reflecting stripes etc)

I will first try to obtain the Afterburner decals before proceeding.

Anyone who has these, feel free to contact me:

4F797461-9EE9-4B45-81F4-9EFCDE89CF2D.jpeg

C9FDBD6B-D8F1-4F5D-B8A0-DB5CA1D1D4AB.jpeg