Lookin' good Bastian. 

It is interesting that you apply the wash before the decals, it seems most modellers do the decals then wash but I prefer to do it before decal application as well. I have had instances where the wash has flowed around decal edges (the decals had been sealed) and doing the wash first avoids this. Also it means if you don't like the wash or if there if there is some accident you can strip and re-paint without losing the decals

cheers,

Pappy

1 hour ago, Pappy121 said:

Lookin' good Bastian. 

It is interesting that you apply the wash before the decals, it seems most modellers do the decals then wash but I prefer to do it before decal application as well. I have had instances where the wash has flowed around decal edges (the decals had been sealed) and doing the wash first avoids this. Also it means if you don't like the wash or if there if there is some accident you can strip and re-paint without losing the decals

cheers,

Pappy

Hi Pappy, many thanks, glad you appreciate the build so far.

that’s exactly the reason why, but I’d rather not re-paint as it’s a hell of a job again 😅

Beautiful work mate and some luck with the decals!

Me too prefer apply the panel lines before decals, this way reduce possible mishaps as stated by Pappy.

Hope to can find a pair of those 1/72  Hobby 2000 models , an F and EF, for my Op. Desert Storm collection

Gianni

20 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

Beautiful work mate and some luck with the decals!

Me too prefer apply the panel lines before decals, this way reduce possible mishaps as stated by Pappy.

Hope to can find a pair of those 1/72  Hobby 2000 models , an F and EF, for my Op. Desert Storm collection

Gianni

I’ve built a 1/72 Hasegawa F-111F, very nice kit. Have got decals left if interested (not complete though)

2 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Nice progress, she's getting there.

Good score on the decals, you probably had to sell one of your kidneys for it.

Steve

Thanks for your kind reply. 
In fact, I keep my kidneys but it was not a 6€ sheet… 😉

As à good story to tell my wife I will sell my Microscale Vark decals to compensate…

Edited by BastianD
On 1/7/2022 at 6:10 PM, BastianD said:

I’ve built a 1/72 Hasegawa F-111F, very nice kit. Have got decals left if interested (not complete though)

Thanks mate, actually one of these kit is quite expensive, not the best moment for me, but thanks a lot for your kindness!!!!

When starting with decals on end of fuselage, I discovered 2 decals where I’m not quite sure of, anyone to help out?

it’s the circled part, where within the circle there seems to be a text or a symbol, cannot find it however on the decal sheet.

2DAD7EC6-942C-444C-991F-F9D80E031D84.jpeg

DE52A8F6-AC30-4806-91C7-71F544A754ED.jpeg

043C0F7D-A299-4E68-B709-C60CDC1BCD35.jpeg

Edited by BastianD

Those are the red decals, towards the bottom of the sheet, above the "slime lights". They read " LIFT HANDLE TO BLEED, PRESS BEFORE TURNING CAP SEE T.O. 1F-111A-2-1 FOR MANDATORY FILLING SEQUENCE".

The "symbol" inside the circle is a filler door which is scribed on the model. Hope this helps.

Steve

2 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Those are the red decals, towards the bottom of the sheet, above the "slime lights". They read " LIFT HANDLE TO BLEED, PRESS BEFORE TURNING CAP SEE T.O. 1F-111A-2-1 FOR MANDATORY FILLING SEQUENCE".

The "symbol" inside the circle is a filler door which is scribed on the model. Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve, really helpful. I have the red decals already attached, but will find something that is similar to the filler door, inside the red circle.

52 minutes ago, BastianD said:

Thanks Steve, really helpful. I have the red decals already attached, but will find something that is similar to the filler door, inside the red circle.

Yes sorry, I was looking at my HobbyBoss kit, which has that filler door scribed on the model. The Academy kit does not.

Steve

9 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Yes sorry, I was looking at my HobbyBoss kit, which has that filler door scribed on the model. The Academy kit does not.

Steve

The Academy kit has a lot not 😁 but I try to turn it into a nice gem

2 hours ago, BastianD said:

The Academy kit has a lot not 😁 but I try to turn it into a nice gem

I like the old academy kit, you can turn it into something really nice with some TLC and aftermarket....I remember having a joyous time when I built The Whispering Death

5 hours ago, Aigore said:

I like the old academy kit, you can turn it into something really nice with some TLC and aftermarket....I remember having a joyous time when I built The Whispering Death

In the hands of the right modeler any kit can become a showpiece.

I have the Academy F-111E and a boat load of aftermarket for her but, after toying around with the HobbyBoss kit yesterday, I'm really not sure I want to deal with all the extra work needed to get the Academy kit looking right. Plus, the way the Academy cockpit section fits to the main body compared to the way that HobbyBoss did it is night and day.

Both kits have their good points and bad points but, for me I think HB is the way I'll go. I'm still waiting on the RES/KIT cockpit/escape module before I start my F-111F. Apparently they'll be doing the wheel wells and bomb bay at some point as well so, my project will probably start later than sooner.

Steve

5 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I have the Academy F-111E and a boat load of aftermarket for her but, after toying around with the HobbyBoss kit yesterday, I'm really not sure I want to deal with all the extra work needed to get the Academy kit looking right. Plus, the way the Academy cockpit section fits to the main body compared to the way that HobbyBoss did it is night and day.

Both kits have their good points and bad points but, for me I think HB is the way I'll go. I'm still waiting on the RES/KIT cockpit/escape module before I start my F-111F. Apparently they'll be doing the wheel wells and bomb bay at some point as well so, my project will probably start later than sooner.

Steve

I follow what you mean here Steve, and the Academy kit front wheel space is not having the right details.

however, the Verlinden cockpit detail upgrade really fits well, and as I will build two cockpits (one open, one closed) I have chosen to show what can be shown.

but agree there are better detailed kits.

16 hours ago, BastianD said:

I follow what you mean here Steve, and the Academy kit front wheel space is not having the right details.

however, the Verlinden cockpit detail upgrade really fits well, and as I will build two cockpits (one open, one closed) I have chosen to show what can be shown.

but agree there are better detailed kits.

22 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Steve

I agree with both of you 🙂

a reskit cockpit for hobbyboss would be really nice as well as wheelbays. Trippleplow I and II seamless suckers are needed too....I have a spark vark to donin my stash.