She's really coming together now, nice work. Really looking forward to her being finished up, as I'm sure you are too.

I won't be adding all that stenciling to mine. Seems as they got older in life and, went thru repaints, a lot of that stuff wasn't put back on.

Steve

Some details of the decaling and how things are progressing. Nice to see the Micro Sol is helping the decals to get into recessed panel lines.

some panel lines washes to correct before covering all with a next layer of gloss coat.

A6A774F7-D0E2-4144-8C94-24527CA5C29A.jpeg

BEFC46AF-667D-49AE-AC11-02517F284934.jpeg

3FC1A81E-5F06-42A0-AE29-9B8AE3736FAD.jpeg

751C7237-AF1D-4127-920B-8540A764BD12.jpeg

A2F6922D-02A9-4DD1-8504-D28F58595D8A.jpeg

25 minutes ago, kurnass77 said:

This will be a great model when finished for sure!!!

Any plan for the loadout? Maybe a miss something...

Gianni

Yea, I have 4 Paveways (2 diff versions), 2 sidewinders and the ANQ-131. Something similar as this:

0A6AFA96-B1CD-4F6B-88E9-AF548D2970A9.jpeg

21 minutes ago, BastianD said:

Yea, I have 4 Paveways (2 diff versions), 2 sidewinders and the ANQ-131. Something similar as this:

0A6AFA96-B1CD-4F6B-88E9-AF548D2970A9.jpeg

For a Desert Storm load out, no F-111F build would be complete without the Bunker Buster. Me personally, I would probably use a GBU-15 for the mission to knock out the oil refinery line dumping crude into the Persian Gulf. That mission was freaking insane and the result shut it down. 

There were only two GBU-28 "bunker buster's" dropped during the war and, they were on the last night of air ops, February 27, 1991. One was loaded on aircraft 70-2391 ( which is the jet I'll be doing ) and 70-2387.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER
5 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

There were only two GBU-28 "bunker buster's" dropped during the war and, they were on the last night of air ops, February 27, 1991. One was loaded on aircraft 70-2391 ( which is the jet I'll be doing ) and 70-2387.

Steve

I remember the backlash from that as well. Saddam played the videos of the "Bomb Shelter" and civilian casualties and CNN et.al. made it prime time. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I remember the backlash from that as well. Saddam played the videos of the "Bomb Shelter" and civilian casualties and CNN et.al. made it prime time. 

War is hell, people die.

Steve

13 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

For a Desert Storm load out, no F-111F build would be complete without the Bunker Buster. Me personally, I would probably use a GBU-15 for the mission to knock out the oil refinery line dumping crude into the Persian Gulf. That mission was freaking insane and the result shut it down. 

I have no Bunker Busters so they’ll be the 2 Paveways from the Verlinden set and two additional other types (need to check which ones they are and if they were on the F-Varks)

6 hours ago, BastianD said:

I have no Bunker Busters so they’ll be the 2 Paveways from the Verlinden set and two additional other types (need to check which ones they are and if they were on the F-Varks)

Your decal placement guide(s) have all the info on them for all the different loadouts these jets flew for the war.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Looking really nice! Love those tyre decals  😄

I can't help but noticing that the wash is fighting you. I think you removed the wash while it still was wet, that's why you get a shadow along the panellines and the wash in the wheel hubs turned them gray.

now that the shadows along the panellines are dry you can easily clean them with a cottonswab that is moist with thinner (not wet just moist) and  try to clean the wheel hubs and reapply the wash and let it dry completely before you remove it.

you are doing such a fine job with this gorgeous beastie of a machine!  keep up the awesome work mate:D

45 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Looking really nice! Love those tyre decals  😄

I can't help but noticing that the wash is fighting you. I think you removed the wash while it still was wet, that's why you get a shadow along the panellines and the wash in the wheel hubs turned them gray.

now that the shadows along the panellines are dry you can easily clean them with a cottonswab that is moist with thinner (not wet just moist) and  try to clean the wheel hubs and reapply the wash and let it dry completely before you remove it.

you are doing such a fine job with this gorgeous beastie of a machine!  keep up the awesome work mate:D

Thanks Aigore.

i use the Vallejo wash which is water based, and still have to get used to this different way.

it’s true what you mentioned, I did before same with Mig Ammo wash, which was working more fluently.

but I’ll try again until she’s fine 😁

Hmm these centreline decals for the big wheels of the main gear are too large for the real wheel centre.

Will put them on some thin transparent foil and then glue them on the centre of each wheel. The detail is just to nice to let away.

A76CA8C4-B42F-4A97-823E-8B4CB297824C.jpeg