26 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

The ones on the left, I believe, are GBU-16's ( 1,000 pounders ). The ones from the Verlinden set are GBU-10's ( 2,000 pounders ). Neither of these are good representations however.

Steve

Thanks!

On 3/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, Aigore said:

Looking really nice! Love those tyre decals  😄

I can't help but noticing that the wash is fighting you. I think you removed the wash while it still was wet, that's why you get a shadow along the panellines and the wash in the wheel hubs turned them gray.

now that the shadows along the panellines are dry you can easily clean them with a cottonswab that is moist with thinner (not wet just moist) and  try to clean the wheel hubs and reapply the wash and let it dry completely before you remove it.

you are doing such a fine job with this gorgeous beastie of a machine!  keep up the awesome work mate:D

Discovered how it works now, thanks for the advice. I apply the wash and let it dry overnight, and next day easy to clean it.

See my post on the F-100D Sabre.

On 4/9/2022 at 6:35 AM, BastianD said:

And washed the front landing gear, before and after.

Now I have to find some landing lights for this thing.

96EE517D-8F4F-4707-9C9E-E43C9983D9FB.jpeg

4C961FA2-4016-493F-A5E9-C66EB1395DD1.jpeg

Though they may be found locally, I bought on Amazon a pack of 'half-pearls' that had diameters from 2mm to 10mm.  They are exactly what they sound like:  a solid plastic 'pearl' sliced in half.  The flat portion may have a slight indentation that needs filled, but they can look pretty good once painted and with 'electrical wiring' glued into the back (round) side.

Edited by arg
2 hours ago, arg said:

Though they may be found locally, I bought on Amazon a pack of 'half-pearls' that had diameters from 2mm to 10mm.  They are exactly what they sound like:  a solid plastic 'pearl' sliced in half.  The flat portion may have a slight indentation that needs filled, but they can look pretty good once painted and with 'electrical wiring' glued into the back (round) side.

Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Did some extra detailing today: wiring on the front landing gear, and the clamps on the bomb racks. All spare parts and giving that extra level.

just tipping them into the right paint after dried.

next steps are the landing lights, and some extra details to front landing gear as it’s a poor detailed thing.

A27ECCD0-C362-4711-87FB-EF317CB931A8.jpeg

6A002234-5D9D-4493-A405-40A9CF0A029E.jpeg

540FF097-12A5-47E0-ADCD-6006E4E20FDF.jpeg

When I see the poor detail of the front landing gear, I just had to dive again into my spare box for more details…

Academy, you’ve done a poor thing on the details but if your goal is to challenge the builders: let’s go!

Just checked some ref pictures to make it look correct.

919D90AA-8DC5-4353-874F-30DFBFE57775.jpeg

A6E814DF-26CC-4B4C-8170-0149046B5E11.jpeg

76EDB2C3-CA50-4F8F-B501-AD2013B361A8.jpeg

CF237D8A-5646-4A18-B07D-65E76064ED14.jpeg

C396D5E8-24CF-4BB0-BD55-BF9257398449.jpeg

And some progress made on the ResKit engines. First in gunmetal grey, then dry brushing with copper and adding details with steel. 
next step will be some dry brushing with some gunmetal again, followed by very tiny black, a gloss coat and pin washing.

B1DEEBB2-977C-48C3-8357-84730592A757.jpeg

This *@*@😡 vulnerable support for front gear doors jumped away when taking off the sprue, luckily found it back but into pieces…

Just glueing it together, and

making it stronger to a different part that goes into the bay.

3FA8F0A4-E9DB-4ED0-BCF0-319DC9D385AC.jpeg

On 4/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, BastianD said:

Anyone knowing how to use these Verlinden decals that belong to the F-111F update set?

They don’t look like regular decals that go into water first?

Any advice welcome, thanks.

These are called "dry rub transfers" and have to be rubbed or burnished down in order to get them to work. Google "How to work with dry transfers". Problem is, the older they are the more brittle they become and, are harder to get to work properly.

Steve

12 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

These are called "dry rub transfers" and have to be rubbed or burnished down in order to get them to work. Google "How to work with dry transfers". Problem is, the older they are the more brittle they become and, are harder to get to work properly.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

ive asked Eduard if they’re willing to send me the decals only if their ALQ-131, let’s see.