FedEx Shipping From China

I was wondering if anyone had insight on how FedEx is coming out of China?  First, I’m not expecting miracles in the setting of COVID. However, I tend to keep a pretty close eye on package tracking to identify problems early. This package for the past 11 days has been labeled as “shipping information sent to FedEx”. 

This order is some astronomy imaging cameras from a reputable company. They sent an explanation that the package has to be accepted to a couriers warehouse, clear customs, and get on the airplane before I should expect the tracking to become active. This outwardly makes sense, but is not how I’ve seen FedEx tracking in the past. Although I think I’ve only seen the tracking coming out of Japan, not China. 

Does anyone have insight how tracking/FedEx is looming coming out of China during COVID? Again, I’m expecting this to be slow. But in the past, would interperete this tracking that the package hasn’t actually been shipped. However, I know COVID has changed a lot and the explanation they provided doesn’t sound crazy. 

I have bought a few items from China on ebay and other sites since COVID, some of them have arrived. Overall I think we just need to be patient. Bear in mind that Fedex's network are much smaller in China compared to local shipping companies. My guess is that they created the shipping label with Fedex, but they likely ship the package to Fedex warehouse with a different carrier, which means the shipping information won't be updated until it is actually on the plane. Same thing happened to me in a different way, when I send a package to Japan with UPS, it shows as in custom clearance for almost a week because they actually switched to a different courier after the package arrived in Japan

45 minutes ago, BraggPeak said:

Bear in mind that Fedex's network are much smaller in China compared to local shipping companies. My guess is that they created the shipping label with Fedex, but they likely ship the package to Fedex warehouse with a different carrier, which means the shipping information won't be updated until it is actually on the plane. 

That is very consistent with what the company explained in their shipping message.  I just hadn’t experienced that before. 

In the picture of all that is happening right now, this stuff is of little importance and I can bear to wait one time. I was just curious if this signifies some problem, as I hadn’t seen it before.