Matchbox Hs-126 Out of Box - More classic stuff!

Just knowing what’s going on in a battle can make the difference between victory and defeat, literally life or death. Because of that, finding out what the enemy is up to, and making sure you apply your resources in the best way possible, has always been an important part of warfare.

With the maturation of aircraft as viable spotting and recon platforms during the 20th century, the art of battlefield recon rose (sometimes literally) to new heights. However, not every important machine was a high-tech wonder, festooned with cameras and other sensors. Some were more workaday planes; tough, rugged front-line spotters that would fly out over the battlefield and report directly. One of the less-famous of these kinds of planes is the Henschel Hs-126. With long, fixed undercarriage and a surprisingly bulky-looking fuselage hanging under a rarely-seen-in-frontline-planes parasol wing, the -126 was really not a beauty queen. However, it did its job well.

I’m quite a fan of odd and lesser-known aircraft, so I was very happy to get my hands on one of the original Matchbox kits of this particular bird! Check out the out of box review below – maybe you’ll want one of your own?!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/matchbox-1-72-hs-126-out-of-box/

hs-126-oob-001.jpg?w=425%20

• 4 weeks later...

Nice review!

I have a softspot for those old Monogram and Matchbox kits. They are like comfort food. Not the best or in any way sophisticated, but they just make you feel good. 🙂

I agree with you about the box art! 

Yeah, that's a great way to put it... they're like Grilled Cheese sandwiches.

They're not what you feed your inlaws when you're trying to impress, but they're great for just kickin' back. 

I seriously am tired of some of the lame-arsed box art we're getting lately.  Fix this stuff up, and let's have some action, grit and excitement back!