Back around 2000-2001, I was building 1/48 scale models with my four younger children, ages 5-12. Some were successful, some not. Alot depended upon their own skill, enthusiasm, interest and patience.  While my younger daughter was very musical,  she loved history and listening to my stories.  The family joke was that on every vacation road trip, we had to stop by at least one or two aviation museums or US battlefield enroute. She wanted a "shiny" plane, so we chose a Monogram 1/48 T-6/SNJ Texan. I picked up a set of Microscale decals #48-74 for a Marine version.  She started painting details and parts, gluing major sub-assemblies, and foiling the wings, stabs and one side of the fuselage with Nestle Crunch bar wrappers.  We used either Bare-Metal Foil or Microscale foil glue on the unshiny side after carefully cleaning, straightening and pressing the foil.  Time for another move [& 6 or 7 more since], and there it sat for ~20 years. I rediscovered it while looking for another kit to work on for COVID, and she suggested that we finish it.  So she and I did.  However,  the Microscale decals shattered on hitting the water, so I substituted generic letters and numbers [with white shadow, unfortunately] and the largest 1/72 U. S. MARINES with tiny CHERRY POINT station name on the tail. Here is the link to album on SCM.

001.JPG.b9bb28eeca04d445aa2316b42296dec3.JPG

Enjoy, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
Add link