Tamiya Replacement parts

28 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

Tamiya USA service is great. But you didn't tel your location and I've had "F" in mind reading at school.

me too... I'm in Utah, USA. How did you contact Tamiya bout replacement sprues?

thanks!

They've been good to deal with.  In fact, I have to replace a lost clear part for my P-38 canopy.  The customer service person said that they don't have any actual replacement sprues for that kit, yet, but that he thought they had some extra parts from 'cannibalized' kits, and was going to try to find some spares for me and send them along.  My prior experience has been equally good.

Edited by Curt B
6 minutes ago, Curt B said:

They've been good to deal with.  In fact, I have to replace a lost clear part for my P-38 canopy.  The customer service person said that they don't have any actual replacement sprues for that kit, yet, but that he thought they had some extra parts from 'cannibalized' kits, and was going to try to find my pars for me and sent them along.  My prior experience has been equally good.

thanks! do you remember how you got in touch with the customer service?

5 hours ago, viper730 said:

Keep in mind they may still be shut down due to the Virus. As stated when things are normal they are excellent!

Just to add - I contacted them last week about a replacement part for my current build.  They are shut down at this time but they assured me they would look into this when they return.    They helped me out on a previous build as well.   Absolutely first rate customer service.  

I contacted them several weeks (maybe a month?) ago when the pandemic was in full swing about a missing part from a used kit I bought. They replied promptly but said there might be a delay in shipping the part since they are in CA under COVID restrictions. The part still showed up pretty quick - like maybe only a full week or maybe a week and a half after I contacted them. They provided the missing part for no charge. I am very impressed with their customer service.