22 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Looking good.  Why did you not go with the kit longerons and stringers?  They look pretty nice to me. 

Also, as far as I have seen, US versions only had the sliding door on the starboard side.  

Yeah i agree the kit ribs are good. I use those cause i want to do a wash in the groves to add depth. I just found a company called Anyz, they do resin connectors

I guess Fly model had ingraved the side door on their kit, probably for a German version since they used a side door...maybe future release.   I ended cutting mine on kit, gives more viewing inside.

20210509_165013.jpg

20210509_165510.jpg

20210509_165505.jpg

20210509_173627.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

I'm no H-34 expert, but I believe that with anti-sub Seabats the sliding door could be seperated in halves (Think I've seen this with Italian ones). So, from my point of view, what you see in the picture is actually the rear part of the sliding door which is slid over the center of the national insignia. If there would be an additional swing door, the national insignia would be most likely painted over it.

Otherwise: stunning work as usual

4 hours ago, troschi said:

I'm no H-34 expert, but I believe that with anti-sub Seabats the sliding door could be seperated in halves (Think I've seen this with Italian ones). So, from my point of view, what you see in the picture is actually the rear part of the sliding door which is slid over the center of the national insignia. If there would be an additional swing door, the national insignia would be most likely painted over it.

Otherwise: stunning work as usual

I had not noticed that before. If you look closely, the narrow aft door allows both refueling points to be exposed (the recessed areas beside each side of the lower part of the door) with the left half of the door slid all the way aft.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, Rotorman said:

So close to mine. CAD world.

20210505_093514.jpg

Ciao Oliver

Ciao to everyboby.

Oliver thank you for showing our work on this specialized forum.

As I told you these are all parts for 1/32 Fly model and they cover Wessex HC, Wessex HU, and H-34 as well, that seems to be a very hot subject.

I really don't want to highjack your thread, you have been so kind with us and I want to show you our thankfulness with a picture straight from the 3D Printer.

As you can see MGRB has been completely redone, because we think that the one supplied with Fly kit is definitely wrong and unusable. I am starting a WIP on this site too, so we will have time for talking about these wonferful subjects.

Thank you for your endorsement and happy modelling.

Giovanni

51188175742_7b61409d25_k.jpg

I was almost forgetting: our website is on line www.adriaticmodels.com.  you are welcome

Edited by Maw1963
11 hours ago, Maw1963 said:

Ciao Oliver

Ciao to everyboby.

Oliver thank you for showing our work on this specialized forum.

As I told you these are all parts for 1/32 Fly model and they cover Wessex HC, Wessex HU, and H-34 as well, that seems to be a very hot subject.

I really don't want to highjack your thread, you have been so kind with us and I want to show you our thankfulness with a picture straight from the 3D Printer.

As you can see MGRB has been completely redone, because we think that the one supplied with Fly kit is definitely wrong and unusable. I am starting a WIP on this site too, so we will have time for talking about these wonferful subjects.

Thank you for your endorsement and happy modelling.

Giovanni

51188175742_7b61409d25_k.jpg

I was almost forgetting: our website is on line www.adriaticmodels.com.  you are welcome

Giovanni, Please feel   free to post all you want on my page.  It looks fantastic. Cant wait to see the cockpit stuff printed. 

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

So here comes the headaches with this kit which i was aware of.  

The bottom fuselage part doesn't fit correctly and additional putty or superglue required for a tight fit. The bottom of the cabin floor needs to be sanded in order to fit inside the fuselage especially in the front.

The front part of the fuselage bottom has to be removed to accommodate the H.34 nose and the nose needs to be stretched a bit wider to fit the fuselage body with a lateral piece of brass or styrene, There is a large opening at the bottom of the nose, some kind of cooler goes there and needs to be added before the nose is glued to the fuselage(detailing required). . The lack of instructions in the  booklet are in my opinion a bit unclear and so are the gluing process of the various interior pieces.

A bit of handling and a lot of dry fitting is required before going further with the gluing of the fuselage halves. 

I am still debating about opening the cowlings to show the engine but before going further all the fitting issues need to be dealt with. I knew this was a hard kit when I started it.

Oliver

20210531_181630.jpg

20210531_181624.jpg

20210531_173351.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
8 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Looking good.  You can see what I mean by the cockpit floor being too long above.  I talk about how to fix it in my post from a couple weeks ago.

Yeah thats why i wanted to take a look at it