Help.... So Army H.34's used the green/yellow chromate for the  engine wall area and the Navy Seabats used grey.?  Any info on this on whats right.

Mid-Atlantic-Air-Museum-Reading-Navy-1600x1067.thumb.jpg.f62a46551b1a1aecf211ac06ba49ab80.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

It has been a while, but...Oliver you are the MASTER of detail.  I love your work!  Keep it up.  My favorite two helicopters are the 34 and 36.  I sent an email to MRC last week asking them to consider new updated models of cold war Army helicopters in 1/35 scale.  Can this nose be bought in the A model configuration, i.e., the exhaust out the bottom.

Charlie

12 minutes ago, Retired GunPilot said:

It has been a while, but...Oliver you are the MASTER of detail.  I love your work!  Keep it up.  My favorite two helicopters are the 34 and 36.  I sent an email to MRC last week asking them to consider new updated models of cold war Army helicopters in 1/35 scale.  Can this nose be bought in the A model configuration, i.e., the exhaust out the bottom.

Charlie

Thanks. Glad u like it.

I hope MRC hears you.

My nose is only for the high stack version however Adriatic model has the low stack version i believe.

2 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Is that available in 1/48?

I hope its available cause it just an amazing piece of 3d work.

Please reach out to Adriatic models on their website/email or here on this forum.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, Rotorman said:

Help.... So Army H.34's used the green/yellow chromate for the  engine wall area and the Navy Seabats used grey.?  Any info on this on whats right.

Mid-Atlantic-Air-Museum-Reading-Navy-1600x1067.thumb.jpg.f62a46551b1a1aecf211ac06ba49ab80.jpg

Oliver,

My guess is you can use either.  Let's put it this way, I doubt you will find anyone who can prove the Navy never used chromate.  Afford yourself a little creative license on this one.

Ray

11 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Oliver,

My guess is you can use either.  Let's put it this way, I doubt you will find anyone who can prove the Navy never used chromate.  Afford yourself a little creative license on this one.

Ray

I am good a creative licensing. I do like the grey. Thank Raym

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of painting done. Some weathering work and a lot more to be done but heres how it looks so far. I only use grey, 

flat white  and black so far. The seats cushion and the back wall door will be blue to add some life to this all grey interior. The tanks behind the seats will be green and white

20210829_104815.jpg

20210829_105317.jpg

20210829_104941.jpg

20210829_105013(1).jpg

20210829_164807.jpg

Edited by Rotorman