• 2 weeks later...

A very inspiring build Rotorman!

It made me visit Adriatic Models website from Giovanni and I wanted to order the HSS-1/S-58 parts for 1.48/1.32 conversion work for the Dutch Navy, but the website does not show the sets anymore. 

Does anyone know if they're still in business? Emails also unanswered 😞

2 hours ago, Mr.T said:

A very inspiring build Rotorman!

It made me visit Adriatic Models website from Giovanni and I wanted to order the HSS-1/S-58 parts for 1.48/1.32 conversion work for the Dutch Navy, but the website does not show the sets anymore. 

Does anyone know if they're still in business? Emails also unanswered 😞

Thanks.

Same here no answers on emails.

I may have the main rotor in 1/48 if you want.

ROTOR(you da)MAN!!! - FANtastik Build!!! (one of the Best builds of ANY model(s) I have ever seen!!!)

BIG fan of the H-43 / ...what was your 'reference' source(s) to capture & fabricate all those 'infinitesimal' details???

Edited by MODELEER
42 minutes ago, MODELEER said:

ROTOR(you da)MAN!!! - FANtastik Build!!! (one of the Best builds of ANY model(s) I have ever seen!!!)

BIG fan of the H-43 / ...what was your 'reference' source(s) to capture & fabricate all those 'infinitesimal' details???

For the H43 or the h34?

thanks, happy to hear you like the builds.

'like them?' ...I LUV THEM!!! // A to your question = HH-43 the Kaman! /// This is were I go off-script: I'm cannibalizing 2x of the 1/32nd scale HH-43 kits (both missing partz) into a 1/48th scale Dune Ornithopter / heavy lifter CARGO variant. / I plan to infuse my Ornithopter fantasy-build with super-details here & there (by referencing Your build).

Edited by MODELEER
6 hours ago, MODELEER said:

'like them?' ...I LUV THEM!!! // A to your question = HH-43 the Kaman! /// This is were I go off-script: I'm cannibalizing 2x of the 1/32nd scale HH-43 kits (both missing partz) into a 1/48th scale Dune Ornithopter / heavy lifter CARGO variant. / I plan to infuse my Ornithopter fantasy-build with super-details here & there (by referencing Your build).

id love to see how it comes out, sounds pretty cool. So much can be done with the Kaman.

The armatures & control rods you fabricated for the HH-43's control surfaces are incredible. My fantasy build is why I had originally asked about - 'which 'reference' source(s) that you used to capture & fabricate all those 'infinitesimal' details???' (I know it's pretentious to inquire about a magician's secrets... but I Must! ) Is there a Kaman 'book' that features those & other Kaman details?

8 hours ago, MODELEER said:

The armatures & control rods you fabricated for the HH-43's control surfaces are incredible. My fantasy build is why I had originally asked about - 'which 'reference' source(s) that you used to capture & fabricate all those 'infinitesimal' details???' (I know it's pretentious to inquire about a magician's secrets... but I Must! ) Is there a Kaman 'book' that features those & other Kaman details?

There is an amazing book on the H 43 Kaman that I used but mostly internet search.  Let me know if I can help further.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I've been checking on a friend of mine's, and just learnt that the vents on the lobster back cowling in Italeri 1/48 Wessex HU.5 kit are solid, while those in the Italeri 1/48 Wessex HAS Mk.3 kit are open? How come? I thought both kits were contemporary?

Any way to open these vents up?

Cheers,

Gwen

1 hour ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi Oliver,

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I've been checking on a friend of mine's, and just learnt that the vents on the lobster back cowling in Italeri 1/48 Wessex HU.5 kit are solid, while those in the Italeri 1/48 Wessex HAS Mk.3 kit are open? How come? I thought both kits were contemporary?

Any way to open these vents up?

Cheers,

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

I am doing a H.34. I am afraid I don’t know the answer on  either the HAS MK 3 or the HU5, sorry.

as far  as opening them if nedded it’s kind of tricky in 1/48 because so small. You can either thin out the back and drill the holes then sand the opening smooth or cut out the piece and create a new one with the right spacing out of styrene or you can do some creative shading and wash work.

good luck

oliver

• 5 months later...