Hi

posting photos of an Army truck in the helo forum....how about that.

I started on the truck to check scale difference with the helo. I have ordered the right truck with the crane in 1/32 since I am afraid 1/35 is too much of a size difference next to the helo.  I am trying to limit handling all the engine parts too much and that's why I am stating on the truck. I have never painted any vehicles other than the deck tractors so I am brushing on armor books.

Edited by Rotorman

This is getting better with each post; it's just amazing stuff.

When I saw that truck, I had a flashback to the Revell/Renwal Lacrosse Missile I built as a kid, which is also 1/32. Is it from that kit? Sorry if it was mentioned before.

2 hours ago, cruiz said:

This is getting better with each post; it's just amazing stuff.

When I saw that truck, I had a flashback to the Revell/Renwal Lacrosse Missile I built as a kid, which is also 1/32. Is it from that kit? Sorry if it was mentioned before.

Yes it's that kit

That will look impressive; it will catch the eye from ten feet away only to reveal finer and finer details as one gets closer.

Speaking of details, are you planning to give the truck the same level?

Thanks for sharing

Hi

i always build for visual and this is by far the most advanced thing I have done. I will detail the truck as much as I can but not being an armour guy this is a learning curve  for me. Outside of my comfort zone that's for sure.

thanks for watching.

oliver

Oliver-

Your efforts are incredible. It is such a privilege to have "access" and such education from an expert like you... thank you so much for all that you have, and continue to share so generously so others can learn. I've been with your builds since early with your Huey, and even your 530. Your confidence in expressing your creativity and balance (not to mention time, which must have a much different definition for your patience and dedication) and processing have helped me out in ways outside of modeling, Again, Thank you!

I just saw your post regarding your [M108?] and though you might find some value in the detailing of a M923:

http://vodnik.net/pages/m923a1-mods/m923a1-mods.htm

-Steven/ Glendora

2 hours ago, arotrhd said:

Oliver-

Your efforts are incredible. It is such a privilege to have "access" and such education from an expert like you... thank you so much for all that you have, and continue to share so generously so others can learn. I've been with your builds since early with your Huey, and even your 530. Your confidence in expressing your creativity and balance (not to mention time, which must have a much different definition for your patience and dedication) and processing have helped me out in ways outside of modeling, Again, Thank you!

I just saw your post regarding your [M108?] and though you might find some value in the detailing of a M923:

http://vodnik.net/pages/m923a1-mods/m923a1-mods.htm

-Steven/ Glendora

Thanks Steven,

I just read the article and photos you posted, Many good things going on with the photos. Nice to hear you followed the builds since the 530. Thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it.

Oliver

23 hours ago, kike said:

I was wondering when the whole "redoing stuff" was gonna start!! no matter what you are doing or how long it takes, it's a privilege to have access to this!!! great job!

I hear you... I am  remaking it again because i forgot to secure the piece overnite with tape and it torqued while it was drying.

Just now, Rotorman said:

I am  remaking it again because i forgot to secure the piece overnite with tape and it torqued while it was drying.

Hate it when that happens.

Here's luck so it doesn't happen twice to the same part.

(let's not open the can of worms about why I was moved to say that)

On 3/17/2023 at 7:01 PM, kike said:

I was wondering when the whole "redoing stuff" was gonna start!! no matter what you are doing or how long it takes, it's a privilege to have access to this!!! great job!

Thanks.

Just a thought...

I feel that having that crane in front of the helicopter will hide a lot of the incredible work you have done there.  What about having it to the side about to remove the rotor head?  (In preparation for removing the transmission.)  All the open panels around the transmission area will show that work AND the engine will be unobstructed for viewing your masterpiece of work.

C2j

35 minutes ago, Cubs2jets said:

Just a thought...

I feel that having that crane in front of the helicopter will hide a lot of the incredible work you have done there.  What about having it to the side about to remove the rotor head?  (In preparation for removing the transmission.)  All the open panels around the transmission area will show that work AND the engine will be unobstructed for viewing your masterpiece of work.

C2j

You brought up a good point.  I will angle the truck so the front can be seen better.

• 2 weeks later...