As a matter of fact they said the blades could shatter in a sudden heavy downpour and in a monsoon there were times when you you could hold out your arm and nnot see your hand.  One time I lost a three story barracks in the daytime and I was in the parking lot.  I finally found it when they turned on the lights and I saw a pale glowahead of me.  Sometimes rain like that could hold up B-52s and tankers from launching.  Sometimes it can just form so fast it's on top of you in no time.

4 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

In these pics, including earlier ones what is the interior kit and what is styrene added by you?

all the white styrene pieces I have done and the grey primer pieces are  from Cobra company, the kit pretty much empty of detail

Fy7gHpC.jpg

hello Oliver,
a few years ago I built this model
It was before I had access to the internet but afterwards I discovered a lot of errors and inaccuracies on my model. So I bought another kit which is still waiting to be built in my workshop.

A few words about the kit:
Please note, the rotors are massive and very heavy. When I went to an exhibition I had the bad surprise when I opened the box to find one of the rotors at the bottom of the box. The rotor shaft was broken due to road vibrations. I advise you not to stick the rotor heads on the masts to be able to deposit the rotors during transport or to replace the rotor shafts with a metal rod

http://www.scale-rotors.com/galerie/1-utility-helicopters/94-kaman-hh-43b-huskie-italeri.html

A few other pictures

The day I build another H-43 I will install an electric motor to slowly rotate the rotors. Not to simulate the real, I know it would be totally unrealistic but just to explain to visitors on the exhibitions how geared rotors work
Many people are skeptical and cannot understand the system
During the two .... or three years that come I will follow your progress daily with great interest.
Good luck and have fun
Patrick
26 minutes ago, Patnab said:

The day I build another H-43 I will install an electric motor to slowly rotate the rotors. Not to simulate the real, I know it would be totally unrealistic but just to explain to visitors on the exhibitions how geared rotors work
Many people are skeptical and cannot understand the system

Patrick

Patrick,

If you can find an original issue of this kit, it came with a motor and a base that hid batteries.  I remember going to a cousins house and he had one that worked.  Pretty cool.

C2j

Hi C2J,
Yes, I know this kit but it is very difficult to find ..... at a reasonable price. And since I already have another kit without an engine in my stash, I will be satisfied with what I have. But thanks for the information
Patrick

Quick question on something I just noticed.  That strange shape on the support by each pilot seat, is that really a window of sorts?  All the times I had to fly on those things, I never even noticed if it was open or solid.  Guess I was just to busy at the time.

4 hours ago, Patnab said:

Fy7gHpC.jpg

hello Oliver,
a few years ago I built this model
It was before I had access to the internet but afterwards I discovered a lot of errors and inaccuracies on my model. So I bought another kit which is still waiting to be built in my workshop.

A few words about the kit:
Please note, the rotors are massive and very heavy. When I went to an exhibition I had the bad surprise when I opened the box to find one of the rotors at the bottom of the box. The rotor shaft was broken due to road vibrations. I advise you not to stick the rotor heads on the masts to be able to deposit the rotors during transport or to replace the rotor shafts with a metal rod

What a great  looking husky Patrick. I will install metal rods for the rotors for sure, thanks. I am working on the back step right now.  Where did u get the various tarmac vehicles for your dio against the wall? I need to get those as well.

one of my very first models was a huskie.  My dad took me in to his old hobby shop where the owner was very old.  We picked out the yellow box Testors Huskie. 1/48?

The rotor blades were not in the shrink wrapped box!  we had to return it.  30 years later I have a new huskie (with rotor blades) on deck to build "soon".

thanks for posting pics!

3 minutes ago, Bounce said:

one of my very first models was a huskie.  My dad took me in to his old hobby shop where the owner was very old.  We picked out the yellow box Testors Huskie. 1/48?

The rotor blades were not in the shrink wrapped box!  we had to return it.  30 years later I have a new huskie (with rotor blades) on deck to build "soon".

thanks for posting pics!

Awesome .another Huskie in the making.

1 hour ago, Rotorman said:

What a great  looking husky Patrick. I will install metal rods for the rotors for sure, thanks. I am working on the back step right now.  Where did u get the various tarmac vehicles for your dio against the wall? I need to get those as well.

Sorry Olivier, you will be disappointed. The vehicles and the splinter walls are at 1/72. The vehicles are from Hasegawa and the walls from Verlinden. I cheated by making a forced perspective by taking the photo near ground level but if I raise the camera too high it does not work anymore
2 hours ago, Patnab said:
Sorry Olivier, you will be disappointed. The vehicles and the splinter walls are at 1/72. The vehicles are from Hasegawa and the walls from Verlinden. I cheated by making a forced perspective by taking the photo near ground level but if I raise the camera too high it does not work anymore

I see. Nicely done on the perspective photo.

I might do the walls in 3d in 1/32

On 5/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Rotorman said:

Thanks LD. They are both Iconic helos. Ive been reading on the H.43 service and development, it is such a cool helo. 

I am working on making interior walls and floor and ceiling right now, will post soon.  I am looking for photos of the cabin floor to see what kind of detail it has. I have the Kaman h43 book but no tight photos of the floor and my internet search turned out rather low.

Oliver

Hi Oliver

magnificent plan you have, I provide you with a photograph that I found at the time, already 10 years ago when I put together my model

cba6bfa870d722a6fb133895c9be9f88.jpg

a63e58d4a4ea6718546aad66dce7ae4d.jpg

8b0082835ee5e2fb057e377eb9800666.jpg

A little bit more done on the inside. Still need to detail both doors since i will be displaying them open.  I wish I knew what kind of equipment was carried inside the cargo for rescue.  I am debating about scrachbuilding the engine either the huskies or the H.34.

The nose is done on the H.34, I need to print one copy in CAD them make resin copies. 

20200606_174258_zps2fb6xitk.jpg

20200606_174231_zpsfmae7uhd.jpg

20200606_174314_zpseftswdkz.jpg

20200606_174343_zps9bjdxhde.jpg

20200606_174440_zpsjocvchpy.jpg

20200607_172645_zpslnzknwxr.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Do you have the Wayne Mutza book on the H-43, published by Schiffer? That might have the photos you are looking for. If not, I have it and can look it up to see what a normal fit-out of equipment was.

LD.

7 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

Do you have the Wayne Mutza book on the H-43, published by Schiffer? That might have the photos you are looking for. If not, I have it and can look it up to see what a normal fit-out of equipment was.

LD.

I do have that book. Thanks for offering to help

I remember them carrying the forced jungle penetrator vertically behind the side door seat.  Outside of the fire suppression kit they could haul, that was about it.  Even carrying the M-60 at the side door was only done a couple times. 

Looking great as always.

The cargo bay wall sub structure, you used U channel beams going vertical and is that L or T beams going horizontal? 

On 5/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, Rotorman said:

why land right away  with rain, doesn't have to do with wood blades , does it?

As I recall, the Kaman blades had real issues with rain. I believe it had to do with erosion as opposed to an inherent structural issue. I flew Bell 47s Rd and early Gs) with wood blades and they didn't have any issues with rain.

When I was a kid I would occasionally get a copy of the Kaman magazine for pilots "Kaman Rotor Tips", which would address those and other issues.

Many years later when I was an Air Force lieutenant, I worked with a lieutenant colonel who, 15 years before as a young capatin, flew Huskies in the Philippines. He mentioned something about it as well.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:24 AM, Tank said:

Looking great as always.

The cargo bay wall sub structure, you used U channel beams going vertical and is that L or T beams going horizontal? 

T shapped styrene

• Rotorman changed the title to H. 34 Choctaw.