#10 in my Vermont ANG History series, finally done. 

No conversion exists in 1/72 for the EB, so I had to scratch-build the myriad of antennae, radomes and chaff pods for this. 

Rebuilt and altered intakes to reflect the EB.

Also no decals exist yet for this in 1/72 (until Caracal releases their new sheet in 1/72), so I had to scrounge with whatever I could find.  I used Wolfpak EB-57 decals plus their Vermont F-102 decals, plus Hasegawa kit decals for the ANG badge, outstanding unit ribbon and bomb bay striping, and a ton of Superscale F-4 and F-102 data/markings.  Took most of a week to accomplish.

Quickboost ESCAPAC seats (tough to find) with their bottoms hollowed out to allow extra lead weight.  

Build thread here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/312911-172-eb-57b-vermont-ang/

kK2UuYO.jpg

j0TgIEb.jpg

jHYyG1x.jpg

fpVO7Pd.jpg

61oZH1P.jpg

usbNJ4X.jpg

r6LERqF.jpg

1jMTDpd.jpg

3wbRMqe.jpg

Here again joining its Vermont ANG brethren; still need an F-35A, F-89D and another T-33 (to reflect both early and later appearances).

Also, PLEASE, someone release decals in 1/72 of their GE-powered F-16's?  Closest thing out there is Wolfpak's markings for a P&W-powered "C", but the markings are not quite the same.  Please.... :pray:

JWxaIks.jpg

nKFCfBK.jpg

rnE0D1b.jpg

Thank you! The 57 and the 89 each take up most of a stackable storage display box that I use, although the 89 is much shorter, so I'm able to fit the two props in with it.  Space will be more of an issue again when I do the F-89D (to add to the J)

Very nicely done, Andy!  I plan on a Vermont ANG EB-57E as well.  So I was taking notes, but will contact you if I have any other questions.  I like the line-up.  By all means get the Meng 1/72 F-102A with Case XX wings.   I also plan a Vermont Deuce using the Xtradecal sheet.  They used to have several aircraft on display at the north end of the Burlington Airport.  Are they still there?

Edited by Dutch

Thank you both!

Dutch, the XtraDecal sheet looks good, although may I also suggest the Wolfpak sheet (72-072) which I used both for the 102 and a couple for the EB-57. http://www.millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-14.html

As far as I know the planes are still on display there, although I haven't actually been back since '83...I really do need to get back to my birthplace (Burlington) but I have no family anywhere there even though I was born there and grew up in Boston.  I was contacting (for a short while) the little museum they have dedicated to the group there, but found that I actually seemed to have more materials accumulated than they did, which was a disappointment.  

Maybe one day I'll donate the collection to them?

On 5/27/2020 at 10:37 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

As far as I know the planes are still on display there, although I haven't actually been back since '83...I really do need to get back to my birthplace (Burlington) but I have no family anywhere there even though I was born there and grew up in Boston.  I was contacting (for a short while) the little museum they have dedicated to the group there, but found that I actually seemed to have more materials accumulated than they did, which was a disappointment.  

Maybe one day I'll donate the collection to them?

Sounds like a plan!

When did the Vermont Guard fly the EBs?  We used to get one in at dover every so often back in 1973 and the transit guys called them Ravens, but it was always at night and even we didn't get that close to them while on patrol.  If I remember right we were restricted to about 50 feet unless there was an emergency.

It appears that the ones I used to see at Dover most likely came from Westover in Mass.  They stopped using them 1974 where thry were handed over to Vermont.