I’m looking for information on the Canadair Sabre Mk 5.

This might be of a great help. Lots of information and photos.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/22710-f-86-f-sabre-detail-photos/

There are some great detail shots of a German Airforce Plane. 

I have a drawing of the wing in 1/48 scale. Need to find out where that is.

Come back on this later.

Edit:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/83529-advise-on-north-american-f-86f-sabre-vs-cl-13-sabre-mk6/

Click on the links in this thread started by me. You can find the drawing and some good info about the wing.

Robert Jan

Edited by Gonzales
add
7 hours ago, BWDenver said:

Does the Hasegawa 1/48 Canadair Mk 5 kit have the correct 6-3 wing?

Are there any drawings on this forum?

Bryan 

Denver

Yes it does--however the wing pylons are not in the right spot--they need to be 53mm from the centreline

Tony

Thanks for the info! 

I took a shot of one of these on the ground at Mojavi in 79, operated by Flight systems and highly polished silver with a data boom where the gun radar went.

Bryan

Wer had a civilian company at Kadena flying the Canadair jets for target tow work.  The company name was Flight Systems Inc.  They were painted white with a blue stripe down the sides with the company name on it.  

Dart tow used to be done with F-4Es brought in from either Korea or the P.I. or they would use J.A.S.D.F. F-104s, but mostly F-4s.  Eventually someone came up with the idea that having a civilian contractor would be more cost effective.  Flight system heard about the project and immediately scoured the country and bought up all the spare F-86 parts they could find, effectively stopping the competition.  I don't know how they got the jets over there, I don't think they would have that kind of range, so maybe by ship?  The water port is just down the street from the Naha Airport, and only a minute or two to Kadena.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, Snowbird3a said:

Yes it does--however the wing pylons are not in the right spot--they need to be 53mm from the centreline

Tony

Tony, many thanks! 

I found a couple of shots of a Mk 5 on Airliners.net and after a bit of photoshop and measuring I came up with a placement of .911” out from the centerline of the main gear attach point.  Or 2.8”” off the centerline,   Or .00661” inside your dimension.  So yeah that works!

One Mk 5 out there has the tanks 15" out for the Main gear.  Just inches from the gear door.

Bryan

On 5/31/2020 at 10:26 AM, BWDenver said:

One Mk 5 out there has the tanks 15" out for the Main gear.  Just inches from the gear door.

Yes, Hawk One(23314) was eventually equipped with the F-86F-40 wing which featured   pylon mountings at wing Sta 72.25 and 118.     They are the mounting locations of a late 'F' model

Tony

Imgp2537.jpg

Edited by Snowbird3a