Human Space Flight Returns!

I live about an hour away and can't decide if I want to drive out to see it.  I can usually see the rockets from my house but I really want to get closer for this one.  It doesn't look good for the weather though.  Right now outside my house it is windy, rainy and lots of thunder.  Hopefully it clears...

I wouild normally watch the coiuntdown on T.V. and then just open my front door and watch.  Mosty of the time lately clouds have been a problem and today doesn't look good .

Still it's a advantage living where I do, a couiple miles east of Orlando.

Looking at NWS weather radar for the location at the time made the scrub the expected outcome.

But, hey, the launch even made the chat on YouTube webcams for Virtual Railfan there in Plant City FL and here in Missouri at La Plata!

People from far and wide are interested!

😄

But as for the weather, 🙁 Oh well, all in a day's rocket science.

49943519802_aef057b8fa_c.jpg

They'll try again Saturday.  They said that they woiuld have to drain the fuel before letting the crew out.  I had a vision of somebody going up to the rocket and siphoning the fuel out like we used to do with gas for our cars.

They showed the traffic coming back from the cape area and it was packed, just like it used to be when we used the shuttle.  Should have kept that thing flying.

On a slightly note, today I say a good size bald eagle sitting on top of a dead branch in my neighbor's yard.  Haven't seen one in a while.

Well. it went up alright and the first stage landed on its ship.  As usual just enough clouds to the east to block the view.  My neighbor was having a party and most of them moved to the east side of the house  for a better view.  Some said they could see it as they looked south toward the airport instead of east.  A few others didn't even know what was going on and what they were looking for.  unbelievable.

Watched the live feed today. Very impressive. Glad to see we're in the space business again. I was fascinated at the interior of the Dragon capsule. Compared to the old Apollo capsules, it looked almost empty. A few bucket seats that looked like they could have come out of a sports car, a large touch screen in front of each astronaut, smooth walls devoid of tubing, wiring or any kind of equipment and that's about it. Looked downright roomy. My how times have changed.

About five minutes after the launch you could hear and almost feel the engine sounds ripple through the neighborhood, and I was inside at the time.

In the words of the ghost busters, "we're back!"