TREK SPFX...WITH 1/350 BUILDS

13 hours ago, ikar said:

What colors did you use for the hull and other things?  I'm most likely only going to one shot at this and I want it to look good.

I had the Enterprise "A" but was too intimadated with the paint job and ended ujp selling it as the extras I for it.

Are you asking about the original series Ship?

If so, If you want it to look like the miniature, here's the link again.

https://culttvman.com/main/a-modelers-guide-to-painting-the-starship-enterprise-by-gary-kerr/

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Is that a K code car?

Nope.  Kind of glad because I didn’t want a 100% restored, but a modified restoration. No way I would have modded a K car.  It has a Rod & Custom Motorsport Mustang II coil over front suspension, 4 link rear, 5.0 with a T-5 trans, custom TMI seats and gauges I designed myself.  Also has Classic Auto Air A/C system. 

If God didn't want us to mod cars, he wouldn't have had man assemble them with bolts!

Oh, and back to something related to this thread.....

My Tamiya Light Ghost Grey came in the other day.  I sprayed a sample piece and I'm just not too happy with it at this point.  It's just too black and white grey.   I've ordered a bottle of the Tamiya XF-12 that needs a 10% white added to it. 

Here are some photos of the 1/350 Original Series build. Airbrushed and painted per the 11' Filming miniature...

Again, this was before Polar Lights released the corrected smooth hull. I had to fill in and sand smooth those horrid and incorrect grid lines.

ny1NPM.jpg
RvPb88.jpg
NlWLpD.jpg

Edited by Captain Han Solo

Hey Capt., I read up on the 11" restoration, but they recommend a latex Benjamin Moore paint as the base.  Not too sure about that on a model.  I did see one post where someone used the Light Ghost Grey and it did look good, but to my eye just not right once I did my spray sample.   What was your base?  Did you custom mix or find something straight out of a bottle?

Your saucer shading is dead nuts on the money! (well, everything is!)    I just hope mine comes out half as good as yours did.

4 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Hey Capt., I read up on the 11" restoration, but they recommend a latex Benjamin Moore paint as the base.  Not too sure about that on a model.  I did see one post where someone used the Light Ghost Grey and it did look good, but to my eye just not right once I did my spray sample.   What was your base?  Did you custom mix or find something straight out of a bottle?

Your saucer shading is dead nuts on the money! (well, everything is!)    I just hope mine comes out half as good as yours did.

Thanks again!!!

No, I didn't use the Benjamin Moore Paints. I custom mixed everything. I drove myself crazy getting the model as close to the original as possible.

The Benny Moore paints work great on a 11' Miniature...not so much on a 33" Model kit.

I am sure yours will be amazing when finished!

Thanks again!