Stealth missile marks on F-15Es all but prove they dealt final blow to al Baghdadi’s compound

On "Point 'n' Shoot", I am curious what the fourth aircraft profile represents. 

001.JPG.7eca0c1ea2718b4acc7da4383fb9992b.JPG

From the one o'clock position clockwise I see: P-47D, P-51D, F-84F, ???, F-100D, F-4C/D, F-111F/A, F-16C, F-15E.  The ??? looks like the outline of a Dassault Ouragan.  It should be an F-86F Sabre Jet and it should be in the third position.  The F-84F should occupy the fourth position in the timeline of aircraft flown.

R/

Dutch 

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

On "Point 'n' Shoot", I am curious what the fourth aircraft profile represents. 

001.JPG.7eca0c1ea2718b4acc7da4383fb9992b.JPG

From the one o'clock position clockwise I see: P-47D, P-51D, F-84F, ???, F-100D, F-4C/D, F-111F/A, F-16C, F-15E.  The ??? looks like the outline of a Dassault Ouragan.  It should be an F-86F Sabre Jet and it should be in the third position.  The F-84F should occupy the fourth position in the timeline of aircraft flown.

R/

Dutch 

They could have the F-86 in third and the forth is an early straight winged F-84 instead of the "F" model

Sean

On 6/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, Dave Roof said:

Twobobs has covered most of them very well. Pretty sure he'll cover these as well.

Yeah, kind of like Marilyn Monroe on the speed brake of an F/A-18D with VMFA(AW)-224.......lasted just under two hours from what I was told by Maintenance Control!

Do you have any plans of decals featuring the Marilyn artwork? That would be awesome!

On 6/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, Dave Roof said:

Twobobs has covered most of them very well. Pretty sure he'll cover these as well.

Yeah, kind of like Marilyn Monroe on the speed brake of an F/A-18D with VMFA(AW)-224.......lasted just under two hours from what I was told by Maintenance Control!

Worth it!!

17 hours ago, RedCrown said:

Do you have any plans of decals featuring the Marilyn artwork? That would be awesome!

Absolutely. I'm just waiting for the rest of the photos covering the tiger stripes. 

21 hours ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

They could have the F-86 in third and the fourth is an early straight winged F-84 instead of the "F" model

Sean

Sean, Sounds plausible.  Young crew chief may not have known the difference between the F-84F & F-84E/G outline.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, Waco said:

This whole article stretches the limits of credulity, and he's reading an awful lot into tiny details. 

That's not fair, because you can say that about every Rogoaway article. Its like how every Star Trek episode could have the synopsis "a mysterious alien force threatens the Enterprise" 

or Breaking Bad: "Events spiral out of control for Jesse and Walt as they try to stay one step ahead"

like betting on an all black roulette wheel, or unopposed election

On 5/29/2020 at 5:50 PM, 11bee said:

Why all the hate’n on The Drive?  They post some silly stuff but they also do some pretty solid reporting in certain areas (Naval and Special Ops subjects come to mind).  There are certainly worse defense-oriented sites out there but for whatever reason, these guys seem to go over like a fart in church in some quarters.   

“Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray’s case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the “wet streets cause rain” stories. Paper’s full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.” 
– Michael Crichton (1942-2008)

credibility and trust still count. When people blow a story "only" 9 times out of 10, I'm not worried about the 10th anymore. I simply don't bother. 

if you understand that and the limitations therein and the audience its geared toward, its fine. its like Maxim Magazine but for defense. Remember Maxim? the edgy and deep and tongue in cheek reporting and "stories" with models wearing clothes in the age of the internet? when you could find just about anything else and it would be better, more edgy, and less clothes? Maxim was PG pretending to be R-rated in a world where you could have XXX at the push of a mouse click. it was "hard core" if you were 12 years old. 

thats the Drive.