My upgraded work area ...

So organized, Dai -- as clean as a dental clinic  : )   Someday I'll tidy up mine to that level.  Mine doubles as a computer table, sawhorse, snack table... I do try to be very careful not to mistake the leveling thinner for the soda pop and the wet brushes for the breadsticks as I tend to pick things up without looking and I make sure that's a xacto I'm holding.

42 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

So organized, Dai -- as clean as a dental clinic  : )   Someday I'll tidy up mine to that level.  Mine doubles as a computer table, sawhorse, snack table... I do try to be very careful not to mistake the leveling thinner for the soda pop and the wet brushes for the breadsticks as I tend to pick things up without looking and I make sure that's a xacto I'm holding.

I am a dentist doing prosthetic oral and facial reconstruction so things have to be tidy and organized. I stop every hour to clean up, beer and cognac refill. Dai 

13 hours ago, habu2 said:

Since I often build on the dining room table I clean off my workbench every night for dinner.  :monkeydance:

Great way to have the workbench organized. In my younger days, I built models on the floor. Dai 

On 6/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, habu2 said:

Since I often build on the dining room table I clean off my workbench every night for dinner.  :monkeydance:

That's funny....I did that when I was a little kid building models.  Only we didn't have a dining room...my work space was the kitchen table.

@ dai phan - beautiful work space!  I can almost get my work area looking close to that...but it lasts about 5 minutes before it's a disaster area again!  Do you have an entire room devoted to models, or is this just one part of a room that also serves other purposes?

Edited by Curt B

my model building started cross legged on the carpet in front of dad's heathkit floor TV.  war movies, startrek and baa baa blacksheep plus toluene vapors made me the man I am today.

chaos:

102291387_10219383074900124_554096753225

32 minutes ago, Bounce said:

my model building started cross legged on the carpet in front of dad's heathkit floor TV.  war movies, startrek and baa baa blacksheep plus toluene vapors made me the man I am today.

chaos:

My man, little bottles of Testor's paint! I wondered if many still used them. I do too. They seem to be the only paints that haven't changed much over the years and keep faily long in their bottles.

BTW, your "chaos" can't hold a candle to mine :naughty:

On 5/31/2020 at 3:10 PM, dai phan said:

Hi all,

I just upgraded to new big workbench from 42" to 72" with new bigger, stronger LED lights. Before it was so crowded but now I can breath a bit easier. On my bench is the WIP T-33. Dai

nslcm5w.jpg

Nice workbench.  With the lights and the sunlight through the window, it looks much brighter now.   Have you tried taking in-progress pictures with a tripod and the brighter workbench setup?   Have the images improved the way you were hoping for? 

2 hours ago, John B said:

Nice workbench.  With the lights and the sunlight through the window, it looks much brighter now.   Have you tried taking in-progress pictures with a tripod and the brighter workbench setup?   Have the images improved the way you were hoping for? 

I have used the tripod but I did not any better results. I think I am happy with the latest images but still blurry in some areas of the plane. You can see my latest photos on the GWH T-33 WIP thread. Dai 

UnZdaCp.jpg

Edited by dai phan
On 6/4/2020 at 3:30 PM, Curt B said:

That's funny....I did that when I was a little kid building models.  Only we didn't have a dining room...my work space was the kitchen table.

@ dai phan - beautiful work space!  I can almost get my work area looking close to that...but it lasts about 5 minutes before it's a disaster area again!  Do you have an entire room devoted to models, or is this just one part of a room that also serves other purposes?

Greetings,

I use the room for modelling, displaying models, work and everything in between. Dai 

dhOVxfx.jpg

enHlcG6.jpg

Edited by dai phan

REALLY nice, dai!  I've got something of a devoted room for modeling (it is actually the dining room in our house, and we don't entertain or even have a dining room table), but it's not nearly as nicely put together as yours.  Looks like your room is a really comfortable place to do your modeling.

Edited by Curt B