Hi there

So I've just started my very first armour build being the Academy 1/35 M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II kit.  I'm very impressed with the kit and at how quick it builds up.  As I'm mainly an aircraft modeller, I'm not up on Tank knowledge so not fussed on the details or bothered with internal detail so the Academy kit suits me just fine.

As I'm so impressed with the kit, I'm considering building another one but mixing it up a bit by adding a mine Plough.  Now I know that Tamiya, Trumpeter and Dragon do kits with the Mine Plough however Id like to stick with the Academy kit and use an aftermarket option or if anyone has spare mine plough parts from another kit.  I have come across the Scale Model 1/35 Mine Plough to be used on Leopard tanks.  To my untrained eye it looks the same as the one on the Abrams tank.  Does anyone know if this aftermarket set would fit on an Abrams?

c476cdafe2e93b55d8d19cb9556557a8.image.800x800.jpg.77ba622d173f8fde853994ac116b6aac.jpg

It is the same basic blade, but the mounting plate is different to fit onto the Leopard as opposed to the Abrams.  It will not fit on an Abrams.  Best bet is to get one of the other ones you listed.  All three of them will fit the Acadmy Abrams just fine.

6 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

It is the same basic blade, but the mounting plate is different to fit onto the Leopard as opposed to the Abrams.  It will not fit on an Abrams.  Best bet is to get one of the other ones you listed.  All three of them will fit the Acadmy Abrams just fine.

Thanks for the clarification.  That was my concern that the actual mounting point would be different.