Mr Color Levelling Thinner is out across USA !

I’m thinking the worlds largest hobby shop is sitting in boxes at the Osaka terminal right now. I’ve had a Wingnut kit jammed in there somewhere since late March. Maybe I get it by late summer. 

Rick L. 

On 6/2/2020 at 7:58 AM, IPMSUSA2 said:

There is a solution to the paint problem...patronize manufacturers who produce paint made entirely in the U.S.  But as far as I know, that limits you to True North and Tru-Color when it comes to shades that we commonly use.

And Mission Model paints....made in San Diego, I believe.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, dai phan said:

In the mean time I have to order Mr Color thinner and have to make do once the leveling thinner goes out. I assume the regular thinner just takes longer for the paint to dry? Dai 

No - the reverse. Regular MC thinner is quicker to dry than MLT. You can make it behave more like MLT by adding a drop or three of Mr Mild Retarder in an airbrush cup full.

Jon

10 minutes ago, jonbryon said:

No - the reverse. Regular MC thinner is quicker to dry than MLT. You can make it behave more like MLT by adding a drop or three of Mr Mild Retarder in an airbrush cup full.

Jon

Thanks. Any issue of tip clogging with regular MC thinner? Dai 

2 minutes ago, dai phan said:

Not really, but that will depend on how you thin the paint and spray it.

Jon

24 minutes ago, dai phan said:

One time I used I used hardware store lacquer thinner to thin and airbrush some Mr Surfacer. It dried so fast it came out of the airbrush in thin threads. Totally freaked me out. I solved the problem by doubling the amount of thinner (it was my first time airbrushing Mr Surfacer and have since learned that to spray Surfacer you must thin the heck out of it) and moving the airbrush in closer, but soon learned of MLT and have never turned back. I have a bottle of Mr. Mild Retarder. Tried it in the cheap lacquer thinner and was marginally successful but the paint still dried too fast in spots and required wet sanding with fine sandpaper.

Edited by Mstor
12 hours ago, gkwan said:

We are expecting a restock of leveling thinner this Friday or Monday unless the shipping gods frown upon us.

And its... gone.

Bet it all gets snatched up in the first day.

2 hours ago, Tato said:

Thank you for the heads up! I placed an order as soon as I saw your message!

A big thanks also to Spruebrothers. Less than an hour after placing the order, my items were shipped! Awesome service even with this Covid19 thing.

Same experience here!  Awesome turnaround time!