Red outline around Growler gear doors?

Hi all

I can't seem to find a picture that shows me conclusively whether or not to paint the edges of the landing gear doors red. Most of the pics I see seem to be all-white, but I want to be sure one way or the other. 

Thank you for the help.

Aaron 

I just looked at some high res pics. The edges are red on images I looked at, but the red area is very small. If you go to the Navy Hornet weathering thread and start at the beginning, there are some good shots of Prowlers on the first page.

They are there. It even shows on some low res pics too. Just looks like a shadow. You can pretty much see them on most of the pics here:

http://www.seaforces.org/usnair/VAQ/Electronic-Attack-Squadron-141.htm

They are very thin. Way thinner than what some modellers make them, myself included.

I mean, check this pic, taken from the thread Darren pointed. Main landing gear covers show the red outline. That's a nice scheme too.

161206-N-QI061-374.JPG

Thanks for the confirmation guys. It took me an hour, and I think I'm permanently cross-eyed, but I painted the door edges. Since I'm building a VFA-103 Foxtrot as well, I get to do it all over again soon. 

Aaron 

On 6/3/2020 at 4:10 PM, strikeeagle801 said:

Hi all

I can't seem to find a picture that shows me conclusively whether or not to paint the edges of the landing gear doors red. Most of the pics I see seem to be all-white, but I want to be sure one way or the other. 

Thank you for the help.

Aaron 

For the Growler's, the red on the doors would be same as the E's and F's.