Nose contour differences B-52 G/H pre and post EVS

Hi all,

Not sure this is the best forum to post this query but here goes.

I've got the HPH B-52H in (yes) 1/48 scale. I want to backdate this to the early silver SAC B-52H's without EVS, AN/ANR20 and the various lateral blade antennae on the nose.

It seems, although I'm far from sure that the B-52G's and H's  with the various fit-outs above seem to have a different nose / front fuselage contour than the G's an H's without these modifications. So even if you take away the new probes the nose still seems to be different to the nose as fitted to the aircraft fitted with the various probes.

Can anyone deny or confirm (if anyone can still follow the gist of this)? If yes this would mean an entire nose job which I don't much fancy.

Thanks all.

Marc.

23 hours ago, serendip said:

Or alternatively, does anyone know if any silver SAC birds were outfitted with the EVS and other systems on the nose.

Thanks for helping,

Marc.

I'm no expert but I've never seen EVS mounted on any B-52's in the original NMF/White scheme. 

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'm no expert but I've never seen EVS mounted on any B-52's in the original NMF/White scheme. 

Me neither Bee. I guess when they got the EVS upgrade the also got new colours.

5 hours ago, serendip said:

Me neither Bee. I guess when they got the EVS upgrade the also got new colours.

Actually, I think the SIOP scheme came a few years prior.   G’s flying in Vietnam has that scheme.