Testors Enamels, 3 shades of self mixed Olive Green to achieve the worn faded South Pacific War torn look.  Highly Thinned testors gray/black in vertical streaks post shading to achieve cordite staining, and oil/grease streaks.    Hull Red was scaled to faded brick by pre shading, post shading highly thinned white then overspray with the self mixed hull "brick" color scaled hull red.

Note the clear windscreen was damaged in battle and the main mast according to my build research, but I chose to include the mast for this display, the aft gun deck is yet unpainted and the stern flag staff, and bridge spot light. 

I used the revell 1/72 kit as my paint mixing test bed.  colors never look the same once applied to an actual surface, so i relied heavily on the revell closet queen as paint color matching tool.

TESTORS ENAMELS, TESTORS TUBE GLUE,   AZTEK Double action with standard 1/4 Compressor, no moisture trap or pressure guage. Testors Gloss and Dullcoat applications for final steps.   The drooping flag was done by knowing gloss coat has a melting effect if a decal is drenched loosely in gloss,,,i dont recommend this done by others, risky unless you have flags to spare to get your desired hanging cloth flag look.

Jexge9.jpg

Edited by F3alex33
details of build