Hi gents,

I am researching lost/damaged planes/helos from Gulf, it is neverending story so far.

I wrote email to SAFE-PAO@navy.mil and requeste some info, they wrote me back to send FOIA request to safe-foia@navy.mil . I found out that even non-US citizen can do that.

I would like to ask you if you wrote FOIA request, how did you do it ?

I already wrote down what I would like to know, here it is:

KA-6D BuNo. 151572/AA-523, VA-35, 1991, USS Saratoga, during Gulf war - accident/damage, damaged by skidding E-2C - date of accident ? (probably early 02/1991)
A-6E BuNo. unknown/AA-unknown, VA-35, 1991, USS Saratoga, during Gulf war - accident/damage, damaged by skidding E-2C - which BuNo ? which MODEX ?, date of accident ? (probably early 02/1991)
E-2C BuNo. unknown/AA-604, VAW-125, 1991, USS Saratoga, during Gulf war - accident/damage, skidded on carrier deck - which BuNo ?, date of accident ? (probably early 02/1991)
F-14A BuNo. unknown/AA-unknown, VF-103, 1991, USS Saratoga, during Gulf war - accident/damage, damaged by skidding E-2C - which BuNo ? which MODEX ?, date of accident ? (probably early 02/1991)
S-3B BuNo. unknown/AA-712, VS-30, 1991, USS Saratoga, during Gulf war - accident/damage - gear folded up - which BuNo ?, date of accident ? (probably 02/1991)

AH-1W BuNo. 16????/HF-??, HMLA-269 - accident/damage - During a routine training flight the aircraft made a hard landing approximately 30 miles from Dharan and rolled over, 2 injured - 07/09/90 - during Desert Shield - which BuNo ? which MODEX ?
UH-1N BuNo. 160622/UV-??, HMLA-267 - disaster - collided with UH-1N BuNo. 160178/UV-327 during night NVG training, 8 KIA - 08/10/90 - during Desert Shield - which MODEX ? which crew names ?
AV-8B BuNo. unknown/WH-?? - damaged by AAA - accident/damage - during Desert Storm - 12/02/91 - which BuNo ?, which MODEX ?
SH-60B BuNo. 162138/HP-443 - HSL-44 Det.6 - accident/damage - ditched into the sea after an engine failure - 21/02/91 - what happend ? recovered ? repaired ? sunk ? what about crew ?

Is it OK to email it like this ? Or different format ? More/less info ? Is it even possible to get this kind of info ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Jakub

always on hunt for new Gulf war info ....

The F-14A+ Tomcat that was damaged in the E-2 accident was a VF-74 bird, not a VF-103 jet.

Here's the video of the accident;

The KA-6D Modex was 52x (all of VA-35's KA-6D's were 52x series).

I don't recall an A-6E being damaged during that incident, to my knowledge only  the E-2, KA-6D and Tomcat were involved.

I've had pretty good success with FOIA's.   Received a US-2B Tracker crash report for a memorial build of mine, also received some previously never seen pictures of an AH-6C Littlebird cockpit to help with a build.  All depends on the type of request.   Just be patient, could take you a month or two for results.