Here's a close to finished 3D printed model. I have been refining over time.
Here we have the engine bell printed in one piece instead of two.
I'll look at altering the top pump to be an adapter for to fit the Dragon Saturn V.
Pipe work can be added later using wire

102760763_10157544247758741_4272365435291467374_o.jpg

3 hours ago, K2Pete said:

The detail in the upper half of the engine bell is ... :jaw-dropping:

The 3D skills you guys are putting on display plus the capabilities of these 3D printers is simply ... a MAYzing!

Thanks Pete

Now I may have to add more to the bottom. Although your can't see the inside 😉

That looks absolutely gorgeous!   @K2Pete you should get yourself one of these things.   The prices are certainly dropping and resolution getting better and better.    @Aussie-Pete have you seen those ads about 4K screens on newer printers?    Do they actually have an effect on print resolution?

9 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

That looks absolutely gorgeous!   @K2Pete you should get yourself one of these things.   The prices are certainly dropping and resolution getting better and better.    @Aussie-Pete have you seen those ads about 4K screens on newer printers?    Do they actually have an effect on print resolution?

I had a look at the Elegoo Saturn (name right  up our alley)
It looks impressive. Resolution is not a lot better for 4K but is faster and has a much larger print area. Handy but means you buy more resin.
I'll upgrade to this when my Photon dies

Fantastic work Aussie-Pete. 

As for a resin printer, I will sit on the fence for a while, sharpening up my CAD skills.  Having tried Solidworks 2020,  I found it too cumbersome, and frankly not very intuitive.  This is having used 3DS Max for many years.  I have now switched to Fusion 360, and find it very intuitive and relatively easy to use after a small learning curve.

I think we will see great leaps in the 3D printing technology in the next few years, much like we saw in the 90's with desktop processors and inkjet and laser printers.  Costs will come down as the market grows, just like PCs and the growth of domestic and office desktop printing back then.  At the moment, I agree the Saturn 4K looks great now!

Keep up the great work Aussie-Pete!

Edited by Peter Browne