CD144024 - 1/144 P-3 Orion

CD144024 will be a 1/144 sheet for the P-3 Orion.

I might need a 1/144 P-3 kit to design the windshield markings - please let  me know if you can lend me one. 

Posted (edited)

Kursad,

I will be more than happy to lend you a 1/144 P-3C kit. Be advised that LS [ARII] got the windscreen wrong. They left out the center window pane. I am trying three options. 

1. File a center pane onto the existing kit windscreen and polish.

2. Make a durable mold and cast clear resin copies of No.1.

3. Work with a 3D printer to print correct windscreen as a drop-in replacement for LS/ARII part.

If you are going to the trouble of making a windscreen decal, it may as well be correct. So I will send along my No.1 attempt with the kit.

K/r, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
36 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Kursad,

I will be more than happy to lend you a 1/144 P-3C kit. Be advised that LS [ARII] got the windscreen wrong. They left out the center window pane. I am trying three options. 

1. File a center pane onto the existing kit windscreen and polish.

2. Make a durable mold and cast clear resin copies of No.1.

3. Work with a 3D printer to print correct windscreen as a drop-in replacement for LS/ARII part.

If you are going to the trouble of making a windscreen decal, it may as well be correct. So I will send along my No.1 attempt with the kit.

K/r, Dutch 

I went option 1. with the two I built a couple of years ago, though I painted the panels black rather than polishing and masking

Windscreen decals work fine in 1/144 as I think we are accustomed to that for the airliners. Not sure if possible but maybe seeing an interior on the decal would work? I remember seeing some airliner decals with crew in the decal recently.

10 hours ago, KursadA said:

CD144024 will be a 1/144 sheet for the P-3 Orion.

I might need a 1/144 P-3 kit to design the windshield markings - please let  me know if you can lend me one. 

YAY! 

• 3 weeks later...

@KursadA,

Please respond to my query on your PM to me titled "P-3 Kit". As soon as I have your answer, I will post the kit.  Thanks.

K/r,

Dutch