I think the answer is the same as the benefit of using Tamiya lacquer thinner on Tamiya acrylic paints, and the benefits that many folks see in doing that, as opposed to using the Tamiya acrylic thinner, which is what I use most of the time.  I'm not sure of the technical reasons for the benefit of lacquer thinner, other than possibly a longer 'settling' time, and less tendency for airbrush tip dry.  The overall benefit of using any lacquer thinner with Tamiya acrylic paint is a better airbrush experience, better flow and even better 'laydown' characteristics of the paint.  However, others have pointed out that even though Tamiya acrylics, using their acrylic thinner, isn't really 'healthy' to breathe, it may be slightly less harmful than lacquer paints and thinners, but then, adding lacquer thinner to Tamiya acrylic paint makes the subsequent mixture as harmful to health as a full-on lacquer paint/lacquer thinner combination.

I’ve been spraying Tamiya paints using their X-20A for ten years and never a problem. Even though I use Mr Color Levelling Thinner when I spray Mr Color paint, I always use a Tamiya’s thinner for all the X/XF-series Tamiya paint including clear and clear flat.

i did try using Mr Color thinner once with Tamiya paint, nothing bad happened, but didn’t see any improvement either so why bother.